Adding a Windows 2000 Server to NT domain

I have an NT Domain Server (domain name BARNABAS, server
name LABSERVER1) and I am adding a Window 2000 Server to
the domain. I have XP clients that need to gain access to
material on the NT server and the 2000 server, but I am
having difficulty setting up the servers to "talk" to
themselves. Also, the 2000 server is already up and
running. Can you help me in getting these two computers
together so my XP Clients can access resources from both
the NT and 2000 servers?

Thanks

In news:74ac01c4763a$424b2c20$a501280a@phx.gbl,
Mary M <cmccjane@cs.com> posted a question
Then Kevin replied below:
> I have an NT Domain Server (domain name BARNABAS, server
> name LABSERVER1) and I am adding a Window 2000 Server to
> the domain. I have XP clients that need to gain access to
> material on the NT server and the 2000 server, but I am
> having difficulty setting up the servers to "talk" to
> themselves. Also, the 2000 server is already up and
> running. Can you help me in getting these two computers
> together so my XP Clients can access resources from both
> the NT and 2000 servers?
>
> Thanks

Make the Windows 2000 server a member of your NT4 Domain.
You can do this as long as the Windows 2000 server is not already a Domain
Controller in it own domain. If that's the case all you can do is set up
trust.
Once the Win2k is a member of the NT4 domain add the permissions and access
rights needed for users to access the files on the Win2k. You'll probably
have to add the users to the access this computer from the network in the
Win2k local policy.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]