epson r200/300

we bought an epson r200 last week and returned it yesterday and got an
r300. no diff in the pribters except the 300 has a card reader. big
deal. my problem is DARK printing.We have tried different setting and
cf cards. different programs etc. the pic looks fine on my monitor. I
see there have been many questions regarding this issue but i have yet
to come across an answer. can anybody direct me to the answer? i
called epson and they asked if i had shaken the inks before
installing. thanks for any forthcoming help.
patti

pattisills@yahoo.com (patti sills) wrote in message news:<eeec79d8.0409290124.6bf2c5a3@posting.google.com>...
> we bought an epson r200 last week and returned it yesterday and got an
> r300. no diff in the pribters except the 300 has a card reader. big
> deal. my problem is DARK printing.We have tried different setting and
> cf cards. different programs etc. the pic looks fine on my monitor. I
> see there have been many questions regarding this issue but i have yet
> to come across an answer. can anybody direct me to the answer? i
> called epson and they asked if i had shaken the inks before
> installing. thanks for any forthcoming help.
> patti

we uninstalled service pack 2 and it works wonderfully!!! no
adjustments..bright clear sharp pictures..even 8x10..thanks..hope this
will help others.
patti

Are you using Epson paper?

9 times out of 10 when you aren't getting what you see on the screen in your
printout it is because the monitor isn't seeing the image correctly to begin
with. Have you calibrated your monitor?

On 29 Sep 2004 02:24:48 -0700, pattisills@yahoo.com (patti sills) wrote:

>we bought an epson r200 last week and returned it yesterday and got an
>r300. no diff in the pribters except the 300 has a card reader. big
>deal. my problem is DARK printing.We have tried different setting and
>cf cards. different programs etc. the pic looks fine on my monitor. I
>see there have been many questions regarding this issue but i have yet
>to come across an answer. can anybody direct me to the answer? i
>called epson and they asked if i had shaken the inks before
>installing. thanks for any forthcoming help.
>patti

Seems to takes a lot to get this printer working correctly..

I can print a CD that looks great and matches the Screen, but when I print the
CD Insert its way to dark.

I have managed on one occasion to get it right, but I don't know what settings
I used.

This was the Autopatcher XP cd..

Hi! Got same problem on R200-very dark pictures, regardless of brightness
setting (even with 25 +). What service pack are You talking about?
TIA

Sandy <sandy@sandyp.com> wrote in message news:<BD97F742.55F2%sandy@sandyp.com>...
> On 10/17/04 8:05 AM, in article 10n525acspn9484@corp.supernews.com,
> "compitus" <piotr@cwnet.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi! Got same problem on R200-very dark pictures, regardless of brightness
> > setting (even with 25 +). What service pack are You talking about?
> > TIA
> > "patti sills" <pattisills@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I just got the R200 to use with my Apple G5 and it seems to print fine on my
> dvd disks. I already have an Epson 1280 that I use for photos, but the
> photos that I¹ve printed on the disks came out OK. Instead of using the
> graphics that came with the software, I used my own design for one, and the
> color was darker than the color showing in PhotoShop so I used PhotoShop to
> brighten it considerably. When I reprinted it, it was OK. So, I would try
> lightening it with whatever graphic program you use (photoShop or Paint Shop
> Pro, etc.) and then printing. It will look too bright on your monitor, but
> will print OK. I don¹t have to do this on the Epson 1280, though. Of course,
> that printer was $500 and the R200 was only $99.00.
>

> --

we uninstalled service pack 2 for windows xp and all is well! we did
one computer at a time..and results are the same. we are happy with
this printer now.