disable XP folder background images

August 8, 2004 5:39:45 PM

Unlike many others, I want to get rid of folder images in Windows
Explorer. The background of every folder has the same icon, a
transparent giant explorer icon. I want to have a plain background.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 6:02:44 PM

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:39:45 -0400, Rodney Atkins wrote:

> Unlike many others, I want to get rid of folder images in Windows
> Explorer. The background of every folder has the same icon, a
> transparent giant explorer icon. I want to have a plain background.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks.

Folder Options> General> Use classic folders.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

Any way to do it w/o using classic folders?

Thanks.

On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 14:02:44 -0500, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
wrote:

>On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:39:45 -0400, Rodney Atkins wrote:
>
>> Unlike many others, I want to get rid of folder images in Windows
>> Explorer. The background of every folder has the same icon, a
>> transparent giant explorer icon. I want to have a plain background.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>Folder Options> General> Use classic folders.
August 8, 2004 7:30:33 PM

Or perhaps a better question would be:

where does it look for the graphic? Perhaps I could replace it with a
dummy image.

wrote:

>On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:39:45 -0400, Rodney Atkins wrote:
>
>> Unlike many others, I want to get rid of folder images in Windows
>> Explorer. The background of every folder has the same icon, a
>> transparent giant explorer icon. I want to have a plain background.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Thanks.
>
>Folder Options> General> Use classic folders.
Anonymous
August 8, 2004 7:30:34 PM

On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:30:33 -0400, Rodney Atkins wrote:

> Or perhaps a better question would be:
>
> where does it look for the graphic? Perhaps I could replace it with a
> dummy image.

XP style folders use desktop.ini to store particulars. For more info, see
the "Folder Backgrounds - Customizing" topic on the following page:
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_f.htm
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User