disable XP folder background images

Unlike many others, I want to get rid of folder images in Windows
Explorer. The background of every folder has the same icon, a
transparent giant explorer icon. I want to have a plain background.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
4 answers Last reply
More about disable folder background images

    On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:39:45 -0400, Rodney Atkins wrote:

    > Unlike many others, I want to get rid of folder images in Windows
    > Explorer. The background of every folder has the same icon, a
    > transparent giant explorer icon. I want to have a plain background.
    >
    > Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Folder Options> General> Use classic folders.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User

    Any way to do it w/o using classic folders?

    Thanks.

    On Sun, 8 Aug 2004 14:02:44 -0500, Sharon F <sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org>
    wrote:

    >On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 13:39:45 -0400, Rodney Atkins wrote:
    >
    >> Unlike many others, I want to get rid of folder images in Windows
    >> Explorer. The background of every folder has the same icon, a
    >> transparent giant explorer icon. I want to have a plain background.
    >>
    >> Any ideas?
    >>
    >> Thanks.
    >
    >Folder Options> General> Use classic folders.

    Or perhaps a better question would be:

    where does it look for the graphic? Perhaps I could replace it with a
    dummy image.

    On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 15:30:33 -0400, Rodney Atkins wrote:

    > Or perhaps a better question would be:
    >
    > where does it look for the graphic? Perhaps I could replace it with a
    > dummy image.

    XP style folders use desktop.ini to store particulars. For more info, see
    the "Folder Backgrounds - Customizing" topic on the following page:
    http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_f.htm
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/User