dvi to vga adapter

In reviewing a video card advertised for sale at a local store, I noticed
that it only had two dvi outputs. The package contents listed two dvi to vga
adapters. Any experience (good or bad) using these adapters with monitors
possessing only vga connectors

Thanx in advance.

jad

Been doing that since my 7500 AIW no problemo

"ed jurewicz" <ejurewicz@comcast.net> wrote in message
> In reviewing a video card advertised for sale at a local store, I noticed
> that it only had two dvi outputs. The package contents listed two dvi to
> vga adapters. Any experience (good or bad) using these adapters with
> monitors possessing only vga connectors
>
> Thanx in advance.

"ed jurewicz" <ejurewicz@comcast.net> wrote:

> In reviewing a video card advertised for sale at a local store,
> I noticed that it only had two dvi outputs. The package contents
> listed two dvi to vga adapters. Any experience (good or bad)
> using these adapters with monitors possessing only vga
> connectors

Electronically speaking, I see no reason for concern about using
those adapters. It is a good question, in my opinion, I too would
want to hear any contrary experiences.

The dual monitor cards I am looking at:

.... GeForce 6600 GT AGP 128MB DDR3

.... Radeon 9800 PRO AGP 8X 128MB DDR

Apparently the GeForce has two DVI outputs, the Radeon has a
combination of one VGA and one DVI (requiring one DVI to VGA adapter
for dual monitors). Apparently the Radeon cannot be used for dual
DVI.

The GeForce 6600 GT is significantly more expensive and is noted for
a loud cooling fan. I imagine the Radeon 9800 PRO is slower, but
probably still much faster than the GeForce 3 I currently have.

I am hoping that dual monitor display will be better coming from
only one video card. With two cards, the display becomes corrupted
in certain situations like when playing a full screen game. That is
a chronic problem I have experienced over many years using various
NVIDIA video cards. Overall, dual monitors rock.

I am running the leadtek pcie version of this card in my home system (amd
64 3000, asus a8n-e, wd 160g sata hd, plextor 712a sata dvd). I do not
notice any particular noise increase compared to other systems I have
owned--that is after replacing the southbridge fan that orginally came with
the a8n-e.

I also have noticed several specials and rebates recently. I purchased mine
last month from either newegg or zimzoomfly for $149.

"John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message >
> The GeForce 6600 GT is significantly more expensive and is noted for
> a loud cooling fan. I imagine the Radeon 9800 PRO is slower, but
> probably still much faster than the GeForce 3 I currently have.

The GeForce 6600 GT AGP version costs more than the PCI Express
version, much more than the Radeon 9800 Pro AGP.

If a maker wants me to avoid considering their product, all they
have to do is offer a rebate.

"ed jurewicz" <ejurewicz@comcast.net> wrote:

> I also have noticed several specials and rebates recently. I
> purchased mine last month from either newegg or zimzoomfly for
> $149.
>
> "John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message >
>> The GeForce 6600 GT is significantly more expensive and is
>> noted for a loud cooling fan. I imagine the Radeon 9800 PRO is
>> slower, but probably still much faster than the GeForce 3 I
>> currently have.

TRENDING THREADS