Micro ATX in a standard ATX case a good fit?

I have an Enlight mid tower ATX case that I've had for
maybe 2 years which is unbuilt.

There's a deal running at one of the majors for Gigabyte
microATX board that I'd like to use with my case that was in
storage for the next project.

Has anyone had experience with the combination of ATX
mid tower (4 bay) case and a microATX motherboard?

Will the backplane and plug knockouts line up ok and the
baseplate standoffs be in the right position?

On 26 Jun 2005 20:18:14 -0700, "loninappleton" <lon@athenet.net> wrote:

>I have an Enlight mid tower ATX case that I've had for
>maybe 2 years which is unbuilt.
>
>There's a deal running at one of the majors for Gigabyte
>microATX board that I'd like to use with my case that was in
>storage for the next project.
>
>Has anyone had experience with the combination of ATX
>mid tower (4 bay) case and a microATX motherboard?
>

>Will the backplane and plug knockouts line up ok and the
>baseplate standoffs be in the right position?

do it all the time no problems. everything lines up.

loninappleton wrote:
> I have an Enlight mid tower ATX case that I've had for
> maybe 2 years which is unbuilt.
>
> There's a deal running at one of the majors for Gigabyte
> microATX board that I'd like to use with my case that was in
> storage for the next project.
>
> Has anyone had experience with the combination of ATX
> mid tower (4 bay) case and a microATX motherboard?
>

> Will the backplane and plug knockouts line up ok and the
> baseplate standoffs be in the right position?

If it's a standard ATX case then it'll fit fine. I've put mATX boards in
a cheapo ATX case as well as an Antec ATX case without issue, I just
followed the mounting instructions in the manuals and made sure I had
the requisite number of standoffs in the right places (boards were Asus
A7S8X-MX and A7V400-MX-SE).

Cheers,

Ari

http://www.abmdr.org.au/