Repeated errors?

Hi,

Any ideas?

When our staff login to their Windows 2000 TS sessions, they get an error.
It is from one of our 2 NT4 domain servers to the TS server they have logged
into.

EG
FROM: DOMAINSERVER
TO: 2000TSSERVER
ERROR: Your Logon time has ended.

If you OK the error, it goes away and you can continue your work.
Unfortunately this is not just a "cosmetic" error as we are getting it
everytime someone logs in.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Guy

Is this because they 'disconnected' their last session and instead of
'logging' off of it? Obviously you've check all the user sessions settings
as well?!?!

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

<guyburdickNO*SPAM@exeter.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Any ideas?
>
> When our staff login to their Windows 2000 TS sessions, they get an error.
> It is from one of our 2 NT4 domain servers to the TS server they have
logged
> into.
>
> EG
> FROM: DOMAINSERVER
> TO: 2000TSSERVER
> ERROR: Your Logon time has ended.
>
> If you OK the error, it goes away and you can continue your work.
> Unfortunately this is not just a "cosmetic" error as we are getting it
> everytime someone logs in.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Guy

In news:OP1WLpWeEHA.3840@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl,
guyburdickNO*SPAM@exeter.co.uk <guyburdickNO*SPAM@exeter.co.uk> posted a
question
Then Kevin replied below:
> Hi,
>
> Any ideas?
>
> When our staff login to their Windows 2000 TS sessions,
> they get an error. It is from one of our 2 NT4 domain
> servers to the TS server they have logged into.
>
> EG
> FROM: DOMAINSERVER
> TO: 2000TSSERVER
> ERROR: Your Logon time has ended.
>
> If you OK the error, it goes away and you can continue
> your work. Unfortunately this is not just a "cosmetic"
> error as we are getting it everytime someone logs in.

Tell your users to log off instead of just closing the session Window.

If they just close the session Window, all the programs they had running
continue to run, until the session reaches the idle time limit or the
session time limit. Of course if you don't set a limit, it greatly increases
the memory usage because it keeps all the programs loaded in memory.

--
Best regards,
Kevin D4 Dad Goodknecht Sr. [MVP]

Hi,

Thanks for both of your posts. All users are logging off (we have removed
the ability for them to disconnect). This is due to something else - any
ideas?

Thanks