Calender problem: IPAQ = Outlook + 1 h

August 22, 2004 12:46:03 AM

Hi!
Since one week I have the problem that all appointments that I have in
my HP IPAQ 5550 are 1 h ahead ! The times in Outlook are correct but as
soon as I synchronize them with my IPAQ the time changes.

Example:
Outlook: 15:00 - 16:00
IPAQ : 16:00 - 17:00

If I create an appointment on my IPAQ it appears ok in Outlook. If I
create an appointment in Outlook then it appears on my IPAQ + 1 h. I
deleted all appointments on my IPAQ and synchronized my IPAQ with
Outlook but that did not fix the problem.

I deinstalled Active Sync and reinstalled it (version 3.7) - Problem
came up with version 3.71 but the problem is still there.

Has anyone an idea what I can do to fix this ?

I am not sure if this is the cause of the problem but 1 week ago I
installed a pocket translator and the problem started on that day:

URL pocket translator:
http://www.freewareppc.com/educational/pockettranslator...

Thanks in advance..

Markus Goetz
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 11:27:38 AM

Markus Goetz wrote:

Yesterday i have received an Email from HP with a patch that reolves this
Problem. Look at the HP site.

http://hp-newsletter.m0.net/m/s.asp?HB11786320505X39041...

--

BYe
 Harald

http://emptysoft.net

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
"Wer mit mir geht, muss bereit sein, dem Tod ins Auge zu schauen" Paul Preuß
1916
Anonymous
August 22, 2004 11:27:39 AM

Its a simple matter of having the PocketPC and the desktop time and timezones setup correctly along
with the Outlook timezone...

http://members.cox.net/ajarvi/WM2003/TimeSynchronizatio...

--
Al Jarvi (MS-MVP Windows Networking)

"Harald Klemm" <HK@EmptySoft.net> wrote in message news:afnlv1-g6u.ln1@tarzan.emptysoft.net...
> Markus Goetz wrote:
>
> Yesterday i have received an Email from HP with a patch that reolves this
> Problem. Look at the HP site.
>
> http://hp-newsletter.m0.net/m/s.asp?HB11786320505X39041...
>
>> Since one week I have the problem that all appointments that I have in
>> my HP IPAQ 5550 are 1 h ahead ! The times in Outlook are correct but as
>> soon as I synchronize them with my IPAQ the time changes.
>
> --
>
> BYe
> Harald
>
> http://emptysoft.net
>
> *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*
> "Wer mit mir geht, muss bereit sein, dem Tod ins Auge zu schauen" Paul Preuß
> 1916
August 22, 2004 4:30:18 PM

Hi Harald !
Thanks very much.. :)

Harald Klemm wrote:
> Markus Goetz wrote:
>
> Yesterday i have received an Email from HP with a patch that reolves this
> Problem. Look at the HP site.
>
> http://hp-newsletter.m0.net/m/s.asp?HB11786320505X39041...
>

>>Since one week I have the problem that all appointments that I have in
>>my HP IPAQ 5550 are 1 h ahead ! The times in Outlook are correct but as
>>soon as I synchronize them with my IPAQ the time changes.

Anonymous
August 23, 2004 12:17:06 PM

Your PC and your PPC on the same time zone?

Is Daylight Savings Time on your PC activated? Try activating it.

--
Carlo Ma. Guerrero
Microsoft MVP, Mobile Devices

!