NT workstation can no longer logon to domain

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Today none of my NT Workstations can logon to our Small
Business Server Windows NT 4.0 domain.

I ran Windows updates on Monday. I rebooted the Server
today.

Error appearing on server is 5722 The session setup from
the computer CSWINS failed to authenticate. The
name of the account referenced in the security database
is CSWINS$. The
following error occurred:

Access is denied.

Windows XP, 2000 and 98 clients are fine.

Have tried changing client to workgroup and then
rejoining domain per KB article 180114. Also downloaded
and tried netdom.exe but still got access denied.

Could latest updates be causing this problem?

When you tried netdom what syntax did you use and
what exact error was returned? Open a dos prompt
on the SBS server and run nbtstat -n and verify there
are no conflicts particularily the domain name 1c group
name for DCs. The clients will query this name in order
to find a DC.

"Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
> Today none of my NT Workstations can logon to our Small
> Business Server Windows NT 4.0 domain.
>
> I ran Windows updates on Monday. I rebooted the Server
> today.
>
> Error appearing on server is 5722 The session setup from
> the computer CSWINS failed to authenticate. The
> name of the account referenced in the security database
> is CSWINS$. The
> following error occurred:
>
> Access is denied.
>
> Windows XP, 2000 and 98 clients are fine.
>
> Have tried changing client to workgroup and then
> rejoining domain per KB article 180114. Also downloaded
> and tried netdom.exe but still got access denied.
>
> Could latest updates be causing this problem?

TRENDING THREADS