  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
June 30, 2005 5:10:21 AM

When i reboot, or turn off, sometimes when XP intialize the sound card ( on
board RealTek ALC850 ) i hear terrible boom in my speakers like something
exploded.

What is the cause of that, how do i prevent that from happening? Is it the
driver issue or should i do something with the wireing?

Ty!

More about : whats causing speaker problem

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 30, 2005 5:10:22 AM

biBu wrote:
> When i reboot, or turn off, sometimes when XP intialize the sound card ( on
> board RealTek ALC850 ) i hear terrible boom in my speakers like something
> exploded.
>
> What is the cause of that, how do i prevent that from happening? Is it the
> driver issue or should i do something with the wireing?
>
> Ty!
**
Sounds to me like normal switching transients to me. Turn volume
down/off prior to turning off or rebooting computer. These switching
transients can damage/destroy a speaker or amplifier if the volume is
too high.

Walt R.
**
!