Whats causing this? ( speaker problem )

When i reboot, or turn off, sometimes when XP intialize the sound card ( on
board RealTek ALC850 ) i hear terrible boom in my speakers like something
exploded.

What is the cause of that, how do i prevent that from happening? Is it the
driver issue or should i do something with the wireing?

Ty!
1 answer Last reply
More about whats causing this speaker problem

    biBu wrote:
    > When i reboot, or turn off, sometimes when XP intialize the sound card ( on
    > board RealTek ALC850 ) i hear terrible boom in my speakers like something
    > exploded.
    >
    > What is the cause of that, how do i prevent that from happening? Is it the
    > driver issue or should i do something with the wireing?
    >
    > Ty!
    **
    Sounds to me like normal switching transients to me. Turn volume
    down/off prior to turning off or rebooting computer. These switching
    transients can damage/destroy a speaker or amplifier if the volume is
    too high.

    Walt R.
    **

Homebuilt Speakers Systems