Removable Disk Storage

I would like to add a CD and DVD storage device to my new setup. I often
find that I like to save/backup files (Image files... jpgs and RAW, etc...)
in folders that are greater than 700 Megs, the normal CD is not enough.
Hence, store on a DVD. Any recommendations in this regard?

TIA,

Paolo

"Paolo Pignatelli" <Paolo@DotNetStore.com> wrote in message
>I would like to add a CD and DVD storage device to my new setup. I often
> find that I like to save/backup files (Image files... jpgs and RAW,
> etc...)
> in folders that are greater than 700 Megs, the normal CD is not enough.
> Hence, store on a DVD. Any recommendations in this regard?
>
> TIA,
>
> Paolo

Hi Paolo. If you can stretch to it, get yourself an external USB hard drive
kit. Much more durable,and reliable than CD\DVD disks. I use an `ICY BOX` +
200gig hard drive. You can use it for system backup, pics and data backup,
everything !. Just another option, I`ll mind my own business now. PS; you
can take it anywhere with you. <g>
best wishes..OJ

In article <DySwe.14109$Ar5.9666@newsfe5-win.ntli.net>,
old jon <ImNotIn@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote:

>"Paolo Pignatelli" <Paolo@DotNetStore.com> wrote in message
>>I would like to add a CD and DVD storage device to my new setup. I often
>> find that I like to save/backup files (Image files... jpgs and RAW,
>> etc...)
>> in folders that are greater than 700 Megs, the normal CD is not enough.
>> Hence, store on a DVD. Any recommendations in this regard?
>>
>> TIA,
>>
>> Paolo
>>
>Hi Paolo. If you can stretch to it, get yourself an external USB hard drive
>kit. Much more durable,and reliable than CD\DVD disks. I use an `ICY BOX` +
>200gig hard drive. You can use it for system backup, pics and data backup,
>everything !. Just another option, I`ll mind my own business now. PS; you
>can take it anywhere with you. <g>
>best wishes..OJ

One external R/W device does not constitute good backup for important
files. Make lots of copies on cheap media.

IMO cheap USB externals are a convience item and I wouldn't trust
them for backup.

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

> In article <DySwe.14109$Ar5.9666@newsfe5-win.ntli.net>,
> old jon <ImNotIn@ntlworld.com.invalid> wrote:
>>
>>"Paolo Pignatelli" <Paolo@DotNetStore.com> wrote in message
>>>I would like to add a CD and DVD storage device to my new setup. I often
>>> find that I like to save/backup files (Image files... jpgs and RAW,
>>> etc...)
>>> in folders that are greater than 700 Megs, the normal CD is not enough.
>>> Hence, store on a DVD. Any recommendations in this regard?
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>>
>>> Paolo
>>>
>>Hi Paolo. If you can stretch to it, get yourself an external USB hard
>>drive
>>kit. Much more durable,and reliable than CD\DVD disks. I use an `ICY BOX`
>>+
>>200gig hard drive. You can use it for system backup, pics and data backup,
>>everything !. Just another option, I`ll mind my own business now. PS; you
>>can take it anywhere with you. <g>
>>best wishes..OJ
>>

> One external R/W device does not constitute good backup for important
> files. Make lots of copies on cheap media.
>
> IMO cheap USB externals are a convience item and I wouldn't trust
> them for backup.

You can hardly call an external hard drive a `cheap` item. The drive is just
as durable as the one your system is on, but doesn`t get half as much use.
bw..OJ