For Logitech MX1000 laser mouse owners

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
June 30, 2005 7:41:11 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

What is your experience with the Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse?

I am mainly concerned about precision and physical ease of use. Is
it noticeably better than other mice you have owned? How much
better? Is picking up the mouse a problem? Do you have to pick up
the mouse less than with other mice?

And, of course, how is your MX1000 for gaining?

Thank you.

--
I am assuming you updated the drivers. In this thread, I am
inquiring about performance, not minor technical issues. System

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

In article <Xns96856CBADBD78wisdomfolly@207.115.63.158>,
jdoe@usenet.love.invalid says...
> What is your experience with the Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse?
>
> I am mainly concerned about precision and physical ease of use. Is
> it noticeably better than other mice you have owned? How much
> better? Is picking up the mouse a problem? Do you have to pick up
> the mouse less than with other mice?
>
> And, of course, how is your MX1000 for gaining?
>
> Thank you.

From the standpoint of ergonomics, tracking, and overall performance,
the MX1000 is the best mouse I have ever used. I like the shape, feel,
and weight compared to all others. I use one at work and at home. I
must add, however, that I do more mosuing at work than at home and
frequently discover that the battery is running low (red) after as
little as 4 days. I have to remember to put it in the charger before I
go home at night. The good news is that it recharges pretty past. I
can go off to a meeting for a couple hours and it will be nearly fully
recharged by the time I get back. As for "gaining" (er, gaming) I'm not
a gamer so cannot comment. For business graphics and such it is a great
mouse.

Dave
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
June 30, 2005 8:03:46 PM

John Doe wrote:

> And, of course, how is your MX1000 for gaining?

It's the first wireless mouse I've used and it's great. I have never had any
problems with it when I'm gaming. I can go one to two weeks between charges,
depending on how often I use it. Plus it has an internal battery so you
don't need to spend money with a supply of batteries.
a b B Homebuilt system
June 30, 2005 11:24:16 PM

"John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
> What is your experience with the Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse?
>
> I am mainly concerned about precision and physical ease of use. Is
> it noticeably better than other mice you have owned? How much
> better? Is picking up the mouse a problem? Do you have to pick up
> the mouse less than with other mice?
>
> And, of course, how is your MX1000 for gaining?
>
> Thank you.

Awesome, first class...best mouse ever, best i've ever used. Have the MX3100
desktop set with the latest 2.40 Setpoint software!!
June 30, 2005 11:50:12 PM

"Richard Dower" <richarddower@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:D a1dcg$kit$1@reader01.news.esat.net...

> "John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
>> What is your experience with the Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse?
>>
>> I am mainly concerned about precision and physical ease of use. Is
>> it noticeably better than other mice you have owned? How much
>> better? Is picking up the mouse a problem? Do you have to pick up
>> the mouse less than with other mice?
>>
>> And, of course, how is your MX1000 for gaining?
>>
>> Thank you.
>
> Awesome, first class...best mouse ever, best i've ever used. Have the
> MX3100 desktop set with the latest 2.40 Setpoint software!!

Skipping in games is only a problem if you're somebody who lifts the mouse
to reposition it in use (I don't). I'd say if you want to go cordless in
games the MX1000 is the only way to go. Its certainly better than the MX700
and before that a MS cordless mouse that I've used in the past.

BillL
July 1, 2005 4:51:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"John Doe" <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote in message
> What is your experience with the Logitech MX 1000 laser mouse?
>
> I am mainly concerned about precision and physical ease of use. Is
> it noticeably better than other mice you have owned? How much
> better? Is picking up the mouse a problem? Do you have to pick up
> the mouse less than with other mice?
>
> And, of course, how is your MX1000 for gaining?
>
> Thank you.

Still using and enjoying an old M$ Intellimouse Optical but I am looking at
the Logitech wireless keyboard *and* MX700 for £35 (the MX700 alone on the
same site is £41). Sounds like a good deal and I'm very tempted. The
MX1000 is £80-odd and I just dont see any mouse being worth that much money.
July 1, 2005 4:51:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005 12:51:34 +0100, "Shawk"
<shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses> wrote:

>The MX1000 is £80-odd and I just dont see any mouse being worth that much money.

Ouch. I got my MX1000 a couple of months ago for around US$55. Once
again you Brits are getting shafted on tech product prices.

The MX1000 is a good mouse, accurate, sensitive, and, best of all,
rechargeable with a handy charge indicator. No batteries to deal with
which is the feature I was looking for. It is not, however, worth
80GBP (~US$145.00).

The only negative I see is the size of the mouse. It's big, wider and
taller, and takes some getting used to after switching from a smaller
mouse.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 2, 2005 4:20:59 PM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote:

> Where?

That's your problem.

> I did a significant amount of research and did not find those comments.

Do you still do a significant amount of research?

> Maybe you just do not like cordless devices?

Don't be so hesitant.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 2, 2005 5:15:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Troll

"Fred is back" <74843278@508478345.892> wrote:

> Path: newssvr33.news.prodigy.com!newsdbm06.news.prodigy.com!newsdst02.news.prodigy.com!newsmst01b.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.com!newscon06.news.prodigy.com!prodigy.net!border1.nntp.dca.giganews.com!border2.nntp.dca.giganews.com!nntp.giganews.com!meganewsservers.com!feeder2.on.meganewsservers.com!news.alt.net!bnewsoutpeer00.bru.ops.eu.uu.nat!$3ef82b3c!uni-belrin.de!fu-belrin.de!in.100poofnews.com!in.100poofnews.com!prodigycom!newsmst01a.newsprodigycom!prodigycom!postmaster.news.prodigycom!pd7cy2so!shawca!pd7tw1no.POSTED!53ab2750!not-for-mail
> From: "Fred is back" <74843278 508478345.892>
> Newsgroups: alt.os.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
> Subject: Re: For Logitech MX1000 laser mouse owners
> Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:20:59 GMT
>
> John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid> wrote:
>
>> Where?
>
> That's your problem.
>
>> I did a significant amount of research and did not find those comments.
>
> Do you still do a significant amount of research?
>
>> Maybe you just do not like cordless devices?
>
> Don't be so hesitant.

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 2, 2005 7:40:37 PM

relic <complaints@relic211.cjb.net> wrote:

> Welcome back Fred.

Troll.
July 2, 2005 8:00:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:24:58 GMT, John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>
wrote:

>Maybe you just do not like cordless devices?

Any "gamer's" mouse comes with a cord - for a reason. I just dumped my
MX700 for the MX518.
July 2, 2005 8:00:09 PM

"Fisher" <fisher@no_email.here> wrote in message
news:D oedc1tubs2eqkqjofd3ogdu8038ug4uad@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:24:58 GMT, John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>
> wrote:
>

>>Maybe you just do not like cordless devices?
>
> Any "gamer's" mouse comes with a cord - for a reason.

so it can tangle, get hooked,cat can grab it and wreck a jump,shot,or move?
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 2, 2005 8:45:32 PM

JAD <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote:

> so it can tangle, get hooked,cat can grab it and wreck a jump,shot,or
> move?

Lets go and destroy something.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2005 1:19:35 AM

"Chris Townsend" <fakename@comcast.net> wrote:

> Hmm, you didn't look very hard.

But in fact I did.

You seem to be an exception with a loud voice.

> Here is an 861 post thread with opinions from both sides, lots
> of people having problems, lots not.

I like to gather opinions from real people in unmoderated forums
like Usenet.

This is where everyone comes, especially after they get spanked
for saying something the moderator did not like on some moderated
forum. Then they come here and whine like a baby about it.

> http://3dgpu.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=310&hl=MX10...
> Stupid comment about not liking cordless/wireless devices.

That said out of ignorance.

> Why would anyone have anything against cordless as long as it
> performs well for them?

Do the research.

And please post in context if you want me/others to follow the
conversation.

> From: "Chris Townsend" <fakename comcast.net>
> Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
> Subject: Re: For Logitech MX1000 laser mouse owners
> Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 17:09:51 GMT

July 3, 2005 1:29:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 09:13:11 -0700, "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net>
wrote:

>so it can tangle, get hooked,cat can grab it and wreck a jump,shot,or move?

No, because the MX518 and the Razor Diamondback are the most
responsive mouses money can buy and that's what a gamer wants.
Plus no more having to recharge the damn things. I got rid of my
wireless keyboard for that reason too. I had the keyboard die on me a
couple of times while playing BF1942 online, not fun when the only
recourse is to reach for the reset button on the front of your PC -
that's if your lucky enough to have a reset button. I went for a
Saitek Eclipse keyboard and dumped all my wireless devices.
July 3, 2005 1:29:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

great opinion you have there..............that's all it is

> On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 09:13:11 -0700, "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net>
> wrote:
>

>>so it can tangle, get hooked,cat can grab it and wreck a jump,shot,or
>>move?
>>

> No, because the MX518 and the Razor Diamondback are the most
> responsive mouses money can buy and that's what a gamer wants.
> Plus no more having to recharge the damn things. I got rid of my
> wireless keyboard for that reason too. I had the keyboard die on me a
> couple of times while playing BF1942 online, not fun when the only
> recourse is to reach for the reset button on the front of your PC -
> that's if your lucky enough to have a reset button. I went for a
> Saitek Eclipse keyboard and dumped all my wireless devices.
July 3, 2005 2:05:05 AM

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 16:00:08 GMT, Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:

>Any "gamer's" mouse comes with a cord - for a reason.
what's the reason ?
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2005 2:05:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 09:13:11 -0700, "JAD"
> <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote:

>>so it can tangle, get hooked,cat can grab it and wreck a
>>jump,shot,or move?

> No, because the MX518 and the Razor Diamondback are the most
> responsive mouses money can buy and that's what a gamer wants.
> Plus no more having to recharge the damn things. I got rid of my
> wireless keyboard for that reason too. I had the keyboard die on
> me a couple of times while playing BF1942 online, not fun when
> the only recourse is to reach for the reset button on the front
> of your PC - that's if your lucky enough to have a reset button.
> I went for a Saitek Eclipse keyboard and dumped all my wireless
> devices.

That sounds odd.

There is a recent thread in the homebuilt PC group which mentions
that wireless keyboards under heavy use go for at least a year
between battery replacement. So we use alkaline batteries instead
of rechargeable.

If your gaming is such that one interruption per year causes
distress, you are a very serious gamer.

> From: Fisher <fisher no_email.here>
> Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
> Subject: Re: For Logitech MX1000 laser mouse owners
> Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 21:29:52 GMT

July 3, 2005 2:07:14 AM

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 21:29:52 GMT, Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:

>No, because the MX518 and the Razor Diamondback are the most
>responsive mouses money can buy and that's what a gamer wants.
>Plus no more having to recharge the damn things. I got rid of my
>wireless keyboard for that reason too. I had the keyboard die on me a
>couple of times while playing BF1942 online, not fun when the only
>recourse is to reach for the reset button on the front of your PC -
>that's if your lucky enough to have a reset button.
Here's an alternative to the reset button
PUT SOME BATTERIES IN THE KEYBOARD ;)
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2005 6:29:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

idiot

"Fred is back" <74843278@508478345.892> wrote in message
> relic <complaints@relic211.cjb.net> wrote:
>
>> Welcome back Fred.
>
> Troll.

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2005 8:58:22 AM

guess <imnot@home.com> wrote:

> Wow fred, you incredible use of the english language just floors me.

German is a strange language. It was invented only to allow chermans to spit
on people under the guise of polite conversation.

> Maybe you'll learn more in KINDERGARTEN!

You don't sound too sure.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2005 3:46:41 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

"JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>"Fisher" <fisher@no_email.here> wrote in message
>news:D oedc1tubs2eqkqjofd3ogdu8038ug4uad@4ax.com...
>> On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:24:58 GMT, John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>
>> wrote:
>>

>>>Maybe you just do not like cordless devices?
>>
>> Any "gamer's" mouse comes with a cord - for a reason.
>
>so it can tangle, get hooked,cat can grab it and wreck a jump,shot,or move?

No, so you don't get the mouse equivalent of:

http://www.megatokyo.com/index.php?strip_id=305

Xocyll
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2005 4:11:01 PM

> Troll

LOL, you should talk.

As for the MX1000, my observation about the MX1000 is based on what I have
read on various Internet tech forums. To be fair, not everyone experiences
the issue, but a lot of people have.

And no, I don't like cordless mice, but my original post was not based on
that.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2005 4:13:28 PM

"JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message

> so it can tangle, get hooked,cat can grab it and wreck a jump,shot,or
> move?

What I have done to combat this sort of problem is I have created a short
loop with the cord on my desk. I agree it can be annoying when you need to
tug the mouse cord, but this gets around the problem. Also, when I hook up
the wires to my computer, the mouse is usually the last thing I plug in.
This way, it doesn't get entangled with the rest of the rat's nest. :-)
July 3, 2005 6:14:08 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:05:44 GMT, John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>
wrote:

>That sounds odd.
>
>There is a recent thread in the homebuilt PC group which mentions
>that wireless keyboards under heavy use go for at least a year
>between battery replacement. So we use alkaline batteries instead
>of rechargeable.
>
>If your gaming is such that one interruption per year causes
>distress, you are a very serious gamer.

Then there is something wrong with my Logitech wireless keyboard
because it would need new batteries every few months, or I use my PC
*much* more than you do. Take your pick.
July 3, 2005 6:14:09 PM

> On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:05:44 GMT, John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>
> wrote:
>

> >That sounds odd.
> >
> >There is a recent thread in the homebuilt PC group which mentions
> >that wireless keyboards under heavy use go for at least a year
> >between battery replacement. So we use alkaline batteries instead
> >of rechargeable.
> >
> >If your gaming is such that one interruption per year causes
> >distress, you are a very serious gamer.
>
> Then there is something wrong with my Logitech wireless keyboard
> because it would need new batteries every few months,

and that is an annoyance(exaggerated) for you, not for everyone else. By
the way, let go of the trigger once and awhile. running and shooting when no
opponents are present, will drain the batteries.

or I use my PC
> *much* more than you do. Take your pick.

now an assumption...........your battin' 1000

your preferences, opinions, and whining are just that, nothing more.
July 3, 2005 6:14:09 PM

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:14:08 GMT, Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:05:44 GMT, John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>
>wrote:
>

>>That sounds odd.
>>
>>There is a recent thread in the homebuilt PC group which mentions
>>that wireless keyboards under heavy use go for at least a year
>>between battery replacement. So we use alkaline batteries instead
>>of rechargeable.
>>
>>If your gaming is such that one interruption per year causes
>>distress, you are a very serious gamer.
>
>Then there is something wrong with my Logitech wireless keyboard
>because it would need new batteries every few months, or I use my PC
>*much* more than you do. Take your pick.

I use my PC EVERYDAY for hours and I have not changed it's batteries
in almost a year now.
July 3, 2005 6:25:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 17:24:36 -0700, "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net>
wrote:

>great opinion you have there..............that's all it is

Facts, just the facts. Look it up sometime. Explain to me why
Logitech's "GAMER'S" mouse (518) is corded, explain to me why Razor
"GAMER'S" mice are corded, explain to me why Saitek's "GAMER'S"
keyboard is corded? Think about it, wireless will always have a slight
delay by it's very nature and will never match a corded device. Send
an email to Logitech and ask them for their "opinion", they didn't
call the MX518 corded mouse a "gamers" mouse just for the hell of it.
July 3, 2005 6:25:57 PM

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:25:56 GMT, Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:

>On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 17:24:36 -0700, "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net>
>wrote:
>
>>great opinion you have there..............that's all it is
>
>Facts, just the facts. Look it up sometime. Explain to me why
>Logitech's "GAMER'S" mouse (518) is corded, explain to me why Razor
>"GAMER'S" mice are corded, explain to me why Saitek's "GAMER'S"
>keyboard is corded? Think about it, wireless will always have a slight
>delay by it's very nature and will never match a corded device. Send
>an email to Logitech and ask them for their "opinion", they didn't
>call the MX518 corded mouse a "gamers" mouse just for the hell of it.

Look up the word "marketing" you seem to have fallen for it hook line
and sinker baby! Here is a hint for you: Yes they would call it a
"gamers" mouse just for the hell of it.

If Logitech comes out with a cordless laser mouse tomorrow and calls
it the "Super Gamers Deluxe mouse " what will you do ? Probably the
same thing you would do if someone stuck you in a round room and told
you to piss in the corner.

Personally I worry more about the lag from the net far more than the
9999999 milliseconds if perceived lag from my mouse.
July 3, 2005 6:27:58 PM

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:07:14 -0400, noone@home.net wrote:

>Here's an alternative to the reset button
>PUT SOME BATTERIES IN THE KEYBOARD ;)

Batteries cost money. I killed two birds with one stone, bought an
MX518, now I don't need batteries and I have a more responsive mouse.
July 3, 2005 6:27:59 PM

> On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:07:14 -0400, noone@home.net wrote:
>

> >Here's an alternative to the reset button
> >PUT SOME BATTERIES IN THE KEYBOARD ;)
>
> Batteries cost money. I killed two birds with one stone, bought an
> MX518, now I don't need batteries and I have a more responsive mouse.

your opinion again
July 3, 2005 6:27:59 PM

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:27:58 GMT, Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:07:14 -0400, noone@home.net wrote:
>

>>Here's an alternative to the reset button
>>PUT SOME BATTERIES IN THE KEYBOARD ;)
>
>Batteries cost money. I killed two birds with one stone, bought an
>MX518, now I don't need batteries and I have a more responsive mouse.
Your key board cost money and your mouse isn't any more responsive
than a MX1000.
July 3, 2005 6:32:31 PM

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:05:05 -0400, noone@home.net wrote:

>On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 16:00:08 GMT, Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:
>
>>Any "gamer's" mouse comes with a cord - for a reason.
>what's the reason ?

Zero lag. Anything wireless has a bit of lag, although I admit the
MX700 mouse was quite fast but no wireless keyboard and mouse will
match a corded keyboard and mouse for responsiveness.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2005 7:08:44 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:05:44 GMT, John Doe

>>That sounds odd. There is a recent thread in the homebuilt PC
>>group which mentions that wireless keyboards under heavy use go
>>for at least a year between battery replacement. So we use
>>alkaline batteries instead of rechargeable. If your gaming is
>>such that one interruption per year causes distress, you are a
>>very serious gamer.

> Then there is something wrong with my Logitech wireless keyboard
> because it would need new batteries every few months, or I use
> my PC *much* more than you do. Take your pick.

Do you use your PC more than about 12 hours per day, at least six
days per week?

Apparently you do not really know what you are talking about.

For at least six months, I have been using speech recognition to
do much of my keyboard work, command and dictation. But I have had
a cordless keyboard for years.

Again. The Cordless Desktop Pro keyboard batteries last for at
least one year. There must've been something wrong with your
setup, or your perception.

Others report equally long keyboard battery life.

> From: Fisher <fisher no_email.here>
> Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
> Subject: Re: For Logitech MX1000 laser mouse owners
> Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:14:08 GMT

July 3, 2005 7:08:45 PM

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:13:12 GMT, Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:

>No, the fact is a corded keyboard and mouse are lag free. End of
>discussion.
And there is no lag with the newer cordless devices.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2005 7:28:32 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:
> On Sat, 2 Jul 2005 17:24:36 -0700, "JAD"

>>great opinion you have there..............that's all it is

> Facts, just the facts. Look it up sometime. Explain to me why
> Logitech's "GAMER'S" mouse (518) is corded,

Because it is connected to the computer with a wire.

> explain to me why Razor "GAMER'S" mice are corded,

Because they are not sophisticated enough or because they want to
keep the cost down.

> explain to me why Saitek's "GAMER'S" keyboard is corded?

Because a wired connection costs less than a wireless connection.

> Think about it, wireless will always have a slight delay by it's
> very nature and will never match a corded device.

You are guessing. You do not really know the difference in speed
of communication between a corded and cordless device.

Communication speed makes no difference beyond a certain point
which probably has already been passed.

What matters is responsiveness of the mouse itself.

> Send an email to Logitech and ask them for their "opinion", they
> didn't call the MX518 corded mouse a "gamers" mouse just for the
> hell of it.

To keep the cost down.

Because they think you cannot handle setting up a cordless device?

I mean seriously. If you had so much trouble with your cordless
keyboard which required inserting two AA batteries into the
battery compartment, you might be totally stumped by a cordless
mouse.

Good luck

> From: Fisher <fisher no_email.here>
> Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
> Subject: Re: For Logitech MX1000 laser mouse owners
> Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:25:56 GMT

July 3, 2005 8:17:49 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 15:28:32 GMT, John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>
wrote:

>To keep the cost down.
>
>Because they think you cannot handle setting up a cordless device?
>
>I mean seriously. If you had so much trouble with your cordless
>keyboard which required inserting two AA batteries into the
>battery compartment, you might be totally stumped by a cordless
>mouse.
>
>Good luck

Keep talking out of your arse, that's all you're good at.
July 3, 2005 8:21:45 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 08:50:12 -0700, "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net>
wrote:

>your opinion again

Up to 1600 DPI at the push of a button. That's a fact, not an opinion.
July 3, 2005 8:21:46 PM

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:21:45 GMT, Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:

>On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 08:50:12 -0700, "JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net>
>wrote:
>

>>your opinion again
>
>Up to 1600 DPI at the push of a button. That's a fact, not an opinion.

http://www6.tomshardware.com/consumer/20040924/logitech...

"Now for the tests, to see whether all this technology really makes a
difference in real life. We compared the laser mouse with the MX 510,
the most precise mouse available as of today. We tried both models on
the latest FPS games - UT 2004, Doom 3 and FarCry. First off, I gave
the mouse to several players to try with these games and the reaction
was unanimous: the MX 1000 is better. It's not just a matter of
precision in movement, but overall precision. This mouse reacts to
your every movement. Your hand movements correspond very exactly to
those of the character on the screen. The traditional test - making a
half-turn followed by aiming through the scope in FarCry - confirms
the impression. You gain in speed because targeting a point just after
a rapid movement is astoundingly easy. We then tested the MX 1000 on
retouching a picture in Photoshop, and the conclusion is the same.
Zeroing in on a spot with millimeter precision is uncannily easy.

And Faster To Boot

An interesting corollary of this diabolical precision is that it's
possible to use a higher resolution than with another mouse. As soon
as you increase the pointer speed (CPI), the mouse moves across the
screen faster, but you lose preciseness on small movements. But since
the MX is fundamentally more precise, you can move faster without
problems. I moved the cursor almost to the maximum (not far from 800
CPI) with a 1280x1024 resolution. Compared to other mice, you'll have
less physical distance to cover while maintaining the same precision.
This means you'll be faster on games and other graphics-based
applications.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The verdict is clear. Not only is the laser mouse more precise than
the preceding generation, but its general handling is exceptional.
Everybody who tried it wants one. And that's in comparison with the
best LED optical mouse on the market, the MX 510.
If you compare with a standard mouse, the difference is like night and
day.
July 3, 2005 9:21:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

says he that has excellent grammer...............

"
> Wow fred, you incredible use..........
July 3, 2005 9:21:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.os.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

..os.-xp losers creepin in............

"Paul" <wf1000xg@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> says he that has excellent grammer...............
>
> "
> > Wow fred, you incredible use..........

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 3, 2005 9:25:15 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:

> ... Yes, I'm a luddite.

Then why consider your opinion on this subject worthwhile reading?

> From: Fisher <fisher no_email.here>
> Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
> Subject: Re: For Logitech MX1000 laser mouse owners
> References: <Xns96856CBADBD78wisdomfolly@207.115.63.158> <PhWwe.373822$cg1.89707@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net> <11cblnc9okvjf90@corp.supernews.com> <Xns9687371963E7wisdomfolly@207.115.63.158> <doedc1tubs2eqkqjofd3ogdu8038ug4uad@4ax.com> <33zxe.10639$302.8648@fe04.lga> <7r1ec1lm61vmsrhhcpn0qd6jd4kvvj9f5r@4ax.com> <Xns9687ADE9B605Bwisdomfolly@207.115.63.158> <mtsfc1po67otm510d1mpkforasa2a8io3j@4ax.com> <Xns9688673708AE5wisdomfolly@207.115.63.158>
> Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:13:12 GMT

July 4, 2005 12:46:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 17:25:15 GMT, John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>
wrote:

>Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:
>
>> ... Yes, I'm a luddite.
>
>Then why consider your opinion on this subject worthwhile reading?

Because I own an MX700 and I own speech recognition software - I
rejected both and for good reasons. Both have weaknesses. A corded
mouse is superior to a cordless mouse when it comes to preciseness and
speed, speech recognition software is not 100% fault free which makes
it 100% useless. My opinion is of merit.
July 4, 2005 12:48:42 AM

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 13:54:25 -0400, noone@home.net wrote:

>And there is no lag with the newer cordless devices.

All wireless devices have some lag. Whether you notice it or not is
another matter.
July 4, 2005 12:52:09 AM

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 13:50:39 -0400, noone@home.net wrote:

> I use my PC EVERYDAY for hours and I have not changed it's batteries
>in almost a year now.

Which keyboard? I bought the MX700 Duo and my keyboard doesn't last
anymore than a few months on the batteries. Maybe I got a duff
keyboard, I've already suggested that.
July 4, 2005 12:53:32 AM

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:07:31 -0400, noone@home.net wrote:

>Look up the word "marketing" you seem to have fallen for it hook line
>and sinker baby! Here is a hint for you: Yes they would call it a
>"gamers" mouse just for the hell of it.
>
>If Logitech comes out with a cordless laser mouse tomorrow and calls
>it the "Super Gamers Deluxe mouse " what will you do ? Probably the
>same thing you would do if someone stuck you in a round room and told
>you to piss in the corner.
>
>Personally I worry more about the lag from the net far more than the
>9999999 milliseconds if perceived lag from my mouse.

No. You look up the MX518 and read what it can do for a gamer then get
back to me.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 4, 2005 1:16:24 AM

noone@home.net wrote:

> On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:27:58 GMT, Fisher <fisher@no_email.here>
wrote:

>>On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 22:07:14 -0400, noone@home.net wrote:
>>

>>>Here's an alternative to the reset button
>>>PUT SOME BATTERIES IN THE KEYBOARD ;)
>>
>>Batteries cost money. I killed two birds with one stone, bought an
>>MX518, now I don't need batteries and I have a more responsive
mouse.
> Your key board cost money and your mouse isn't any more responsive
> than a MX1000.

True, but when he slings it across the room it comes back
July 4, 2005 1:20:05 AM

On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 14:10:20 -0400, noone@home.net wrote:

>Your key board cost money and your mouse isn't any more responsive
>than a MX1000.

You're comparing an MX510 to an MX1000. Compare 518 not 510. MX1000
has skipping issues going by what I read at that forum posted in this
thread. With 518 I can run it at various DPI settings on the fly up to
1600 DPI, 510 only does 800 DPI. Different games are sometimes better
at lower or higher DPI settings, when sniping you may want to lower
the DPI for more finer control. That's why it's called a "gamer's"
mouse. I can get the 510 for $29.99 CAD right now, the 518 goes for
$59.99 CAD. There's a reason it costs more.
Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 4, 2005 2:10:59 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Fisher <fisher@no_email.here> wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Jul 2005 15:08:44 GMT, John Doe <jdoe@usenet.love.invalid>

>>Do you use your PC more than about 12 hours per day, ...

> Yes.

And where do spend the other two hours?

troll

> From: Fisher <fisher no_email.here>
> Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
> Subject: Re: For Logitech MX1000 laser mouse owners
> References: <Xns96856CBADBD78wisdomfolly@207.115.63.158> <PhWwe.373822$cg1.89707@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net> <11cblnc9okvjf90@corp.supernews.com> <Xns9687371963E7wisdomfolly@207.115.63.158> <doedc1tubs2eqkqjofd3ogdu8038ug4uad@4ax.com> <33zxe.10639$302.8648@fe04.lga> <7r1ec1lm61vmsrhhcpn0qd6jd4kvvj9f5r@4ax.com> <Xns9687ADE9B605Bwisdomfolly@207.115.63.158> <mtsfc1po67otm510d1mpkforasa2a8io3j@4ax.com> <Xns9688673708AE5wisdomfolly@207.115.63.158>
> Date: Sun, 03 Jul 2005 16:13:12 GMT

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 4, 2005 2:11:54 AM