from Workgroup to Domain

I have a two computer WorkGroup now and need to convert to a Domain. Where
does it tell how to do that?
Thanks,
More about from workgroup domain

    Do you have a server (running Windows NT, 2000, or 2003 Server edition) ??

    You'll need that.

    For NT, you need to install the server from scratch and make sure you select
    the option to create a domain controller during Windows setup.

    For 2000/2003, you can run DCPROMO and follow the instructions.

    It's a big step and I suggest you read up on it on Microsoft's web site and
    maybe some books/courses.

    Since you have provided absolutely no specific details, the only link I can
    give you is http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/serveros.mspx

    --
    Colin Nash
    Microsoft MVP

    "G. Dean Blake" <Dean@nospam.com> wrote in message
    >I have a two computer WorkGroup now and need to convert to a Domain. Where
    > does it tell how to do that?
    > Thanks,

    My systems are both xp pro. Actually I just wanted to use Windows
    Authentication for SQL Server but I was told that can't be done using a
    WorkGroup. Sounds like I should stick with Workgroups for my two dev boxes.
    Thanks,

    "Colin Nash [MVP]" <cnash x@x mvps.org> wrote in message
    > Do you have a server (running Windows NT, 2000, or 2003 Server edition) ??
    >
    > You'll need that.
    >
    > For NT, you need to install the server from scratch and make sure you
    select
    > the option to create a domain controller during Windows setup.
    >
    > For 2000/2003, you can run DCPROMO and follow the instructions.
    >
    > It's a big step and I suggest you read up on it on Microsoft's web site
    and
    > maybe some books/courses.
    >
    > Since you have provided absolutely no specific details, the only link I
    can
    > give you is http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/serveros.mspx
    >

    > --
    > Colin Nash
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows Printing/Imaging/Hardware
    >

    > "G. Dean Blake" <Dean@nospam.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a two computer WorkGroup now and need to convert to a Domain.
    Where
    > > does it tell how to do that?
    > > Thanks,

Domain Computers Microsoft Windows