Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Windows 7 fresh install

Last response: in Windows 7
March 7, 2011 7:21:34 PM

Is there a way for me to create fresh install disk/disks with windows 7 already installed? Basically I want to do a fresh install and I purchased a pre-built system. So I don't have the disks but I do technically own a copy of windows but again I don't have any disks to do a fresh install. I know I can download from a torrent and then use my code to activate but then how will I know that the download I'm getting is complete and a good copy? I don't think I should have to pay $99-$199 for a brand new copy of windows when I have a licensed copy on my computer should I?

More about : windows fresh install

Best solution

March 7, 2011 7:37:38 PM

Depends on what computer you bought but it should have come with some form of OS that you can reinstall from. Sometimes it is on a hidden partition on the hard drive, sometimes they actually give you the disks, sometimes you have to contact the company and have them send you the disks. Of course if you have a legit. serial number then you could borrow the disks from a buddy, reinstall, and use your serial number.
March 7, 2011 7:43:38 PM

cadder said:
Depends on what computer you bought but it should have come with some form of OS that you can reinstall from. Sometimes it is on a hidden partition on the hard drive, sometimes they actually give you the disks, sometimes you have to contact the company and have them send you the disks. Of course if you have a legit. serial number then you could borrow the disks from a buddy, reinstall, and use your serial number.

Thanks for the reply . I am searching for someone with the disks lol. Wouldent anything I get from Lenovo have all of there software and drivers on the disk as well? So if I use an install disk with the lenovo specific drivers on the dvd I would end up with the same issues?
m
l
Related resources
March 8, 2011 3:03:05 PM

I think I have this problem solved. I went through and did a much more expansive driver cleaning. Opened device manager with cmd prompt as admin unlocked hidden drivers, opened device manager and clicked show hidden drivers. Then I deleted everything that was grey and marked as not installed currently. Did a reboot and it runs smooth now.
m
l
March 8, 2011 10:25:03 PM

Best answer selected by cburke82.
m
l
!