How can I prevent from a user to remove a machine from the..

In our domain, all users have admin power over their machine.
Is it possible to prevent a user from removing his own machine from the
domain (and join a workgroup)?

10x.
5 answers Last reply
More about prevent user remove machine

    Not positive but I think you are looking for
    the local "power users" group instead of the
    "administator" group.

    "katom" <katom@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
    > In our domain, all users have admin power over their machine.
    > Is it possible to prevent a user from removing his own machine from
    the
    > domain (and join a workgroup)?
    >
    > 10x.

    I can't make this change for everyone.
    I'm looking for a registry and/or ini change - that I can force via login
    script.

    "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote in
    message news:%23wK4OSKgEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > Not positive but I think you are looking for
    > the local "power users" group instead of the
    > "administator" group.
    >
    > "katom" <katom@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> In our domain, all users have admin power over their machine.
    >> Is it possible to prevent a user from removing his own machine from
    > the
    >> domain (and join a workgroup)?
    >>
    >> 10x.

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    You certainly can write a script to do this.

    > I can't make this change for everyone.
    > I'm looking for a registry and/or ini change - that I can force via
    login
    > script.
    >
    > "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote
    in
    > message news:%23wK4OSKgEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    > > Not positive but I think you are looking for
    > > the local "power users" group instead of the
    > > "administator" group.
    > >
    > > "katom" <katom@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >> In our domain, all users have admin power over their machine.
    > >> Is it possible to prevent a user from removing his own machine from
    > > the
    > >> domain (and join a workgroup)?
    > >>
    > >> 10x.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    To do what? move users to the power group? I know - I just don't want to do
    it.
    I need only to prevent users from removing machines from domain..

    Do you think it can be done?
    How?

    10x!

    "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote in
    message news:ewSk60TgEHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > You certainly can write a script to do this.
    >
    > "katom" <katom@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> I can't make this change for everyone.
    >> I'm looking for a registry and/or ini change - that I can force via
    > login
    >> script.
    >>
    >> "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote
    > in
    >> message news:%23wK4OSKgEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >> > Not positive but I think you are looking for
    >> > the local "power users" group instead of the
    >> > "administator" group.
    >> >
    >> > "katom" <katom@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> > the

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    No, sorry.
    > To do what? move users to the power group? I know - I just don't want
    to do
    > it.
    > I need only to prevent users from removing machines from domain..
    >
    > Do you think it can be done?
    > How?
    >
    > 10x!
    >
    > "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote
    in
    > message news:ewSk60TgEHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > > You certainly can write a script to do this.
    > >
    > > "katom" <katom@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
    > >> I can't make this change for everyone.
    > >> I'm looking for a registry and/or ini change - that I can force via
    > > login
    > >> script.
    > >>
    > >> "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com>
    wrote