How can I prevent from a user to remove a machine from the..

In our domain, all users have admin power over their machine.
Is it possible to prevent a user from removing his own machine from the
domain (and join a workgroup)?

10x.

Not positive but I think you are looking for
the local "power users" group instead of the
"administator" group.

"katom" <katom@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
> In our domain, all users have admin power over their machine.
> Is it possible to prevent a user from removing his own machine from
the
> domain (and join a workgroup)?
>
> 10x.

I can't make this change for everyone.
I'm looking for a registry and/or ini change - that I can force via login
script.

"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote in
message news:%23wK4OSKgEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> Not positive but I think you are looking for
> the local "power users" group instead of the
> "administator" group.
>
> "katom" <katom@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
>> In our domain, all users have admin power over their machine.
>> Is it possible to prevent a user from removing his own machine from
> the
>> domain (and join a workgroup)?
>>
>> 10x.

You certainly can write a script to do this.

> I can't make this change for everyone.
> I'm looking for a registry and/or ini change - that I can force via
login
> script.
>
> "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote
in
> message news:%23wK4OSKgEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> > Not positive but I think you are looking for
> > the local "power users" group instead of the
> > "administator" group.
> >
> > "katom" <katom@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> In our domain, all users have admin power over their machine.
> >> Is it possible to prevent a user from removing his own machine from
> > the
> >> domain (and join a workgroup)?
> >>
> >> 10x.

To do what? move users to the power group? I know - I just don't want to do
it.
I need only to prevent users from removing machines from domain..

Do you think it can be done?
How?

10x!

"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote in
message news:ewSk60TgEHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> You certainly can write a script to do this.
>
> "katom" <katom@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
>> I can't make this change for everyone.
>> I'm looking for a registry and/or ini change - that I can force via
> login
>> script.
>>
>> "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote
> in
>> message news:%23wK4OSKgEHA.2812@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>> > Not positive but I think you are looking for
>> > the local "power users" group instead of the
>> > "administator" group.
>> >
>> > "katom" <katom@gmx.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > the

No, sorry.