Fitting LAN card to 82845G/GL MB

Hi I have a P-4 1.6G Box with Intel 82845g/GL Mo bo.
Is it possible to fit a Lan Card to the same.
Would someone please be kind enough to help(in simple terms please)
TIA

In article <zq4p2hopyl3p.giino578dipc$.dlg@40tude.net>, Jaycee says...
> Hi I have a P-4 1.6G Box with Intel 82845g/GL Mo bo.
> Is it possible to fit a Lan Card to the same.
> Would someone please be kind enough to help(in simple terms please)
> TIA

Easy. Get a netowrk card, pop it in PC, turn on. Windows will
automagically detect it. If on XP, run the Network Setup Wizard.

--
Conor

On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:03:47 +0100, Conor wrote:

> In article <zq4p2hopyl3p.giino578dipc$.dlg@40tude.net>, Jaycee says...
>> Hi I have a P-4 1.6G Box with Intel 82845g/GL Mo bo.
>> Is it possible to fit a Lan Card to the same.
>> Would someone please be kind enough to help(in simple terms please)
>> TIA
>>
> Easy. Get a netowrk card, pop it in PC, turn on. Windows will
> automagically detect it. If on XP, run the Network Setup Wizard.

Sorry if this appears dumb ,but I had the impression that not all Mo Boards
have provisions for LAN card attachment.
Going by your advice I must be wrong .
Thanks

--
drjayceeATgmailDOTcom

peter

In article <13uns3ghrezj6.pelfqeivt0n1$.dlg@40tude.net>,
drjaycee@emailis.invalid says...
> On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:03:47 +0100, Conor wrote:
>
> > In article <zq4p2hopyl3p.giino578dipc$.dlg@40tude.net>, Jaycee says...
> >> Hi I have a P-4 1.6G Box with Intel 82845g/GL Mo bo.
> >> Is it possible to fit a Lan Card to the same.
> >> Would someone please be kind enough to help(in simple terms please)
> >> TIA
> >>
> > Easy. Get a netowrk card, pop it in PC, turn on. Windows will
> > automagically detect it. If on XP, run the Network Setup Wizard.
>
> Sorry if this appears dumb ,but I had the impression that not all Mo Boards
> have provisions for LAN card attachment.
> Going by your advice I must be wrong .
> Thanks

LAN cards are just PCI like many other devices therefore, if you have a
spare PCI slot on your motherboard, you can add a LAN card.

--
Pete Ives

"Peter" <ivingtonAll_stRESS@fast24.co.uk> wrote in message
> In article <13uns3ghrezj6.pelfqeivt0n1$.dlg@40tude.net>,
> drjaycee@emailis.invalid says...
> > On Wed, 6 Jul 2005 13:03:47 +0100, Conor wrote:
> >
> > > In article <zq4p2hopyl3p.giino578dipc$.dlg@40tude.net>, Jaycee says...
> > >>
> > > Easy. Get a netowrk card, pop it in PC, turn on. Windows will
> > > automagically detect it. If on XP, run the Network Setup Wizard.
> >
> > Sorry if this appears dumb ,but I had the impression that not all Mo
Boards
> > have provisions for LAN card attachment.
> > Going by your advice I must be wrong .
> > Thanks
> >

> LAN cards are just PCI like many other devices therefore, if you have a
> spare PCI slot on your motherboard, you can add a LAN card.
>
> --
A lot of M/B now come with LAN cards built into them but if they don't or
if more are needed they can be added as stated before. Do you know for sure
whether your M/B has on board or not? If you have one you can enable or
disable it in BIOS or look for he RJ-45 LAN connector on the back that looks
like a large RJ-11 phone jack.

TRENDING THREADS