Decent Inexpensive LCD Monitor for a Back Up PC ?

I've got a 17" Sony monitor on my main PC and it suits me just fine,
but I'd like to replace the old problematic 15" Pixie monitor on my
back up PC. The back up PC is an AMD K6II 450 Mhz with a 4 meg Matrox
Mystique 4 meg video card. It will be used just for web browsing,
email and transferring files between it and the main PC. Maybe I'm
better off just buying an inexpensive CRT monitor instead of the LCD ?

Thanks in advance.

Gary
2 answers Last reply
More about decent inexpensive monitor back

    If I hadn't bought three of these monitors already since January I wouldn't
    have the nerve to recommend them.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009036

    This is an Acer 17" LCD for $220, including shipping. None of the 3 monitors
    has given any trouble and what's more they are easy to view and very bright.
    It comes with a 3 year warranty.
    --
    Jan Alter
    bearpuf@verizon.net
    "Gary" <grynwbry@@@@Yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I've got a 17" Sony monitor on my main PC and it suits me just fine,
    > but I'd like to replace the old problematic 15" Pixie monitor on my
    > back up PC. The back up PC is an AMD K6II 450 Mhz with a 4 meg Matrox
    > Mystique 4 meg video card. It will be used just for web browsing,
    > email and transferring files between it and the main PC. Maybe I'm
    > better off just buying an inexpensive CRT monitor instead of the LCD ?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Gary

    Thanks for the information !

    Gary

    On Wed, 06 Jul 2005 17:21:47 GMT, "Jan Alter" <bearpuf@verizon.net>
    wrote:

    >If I hadn't bought three of these monitors already since January I wouldn't
    >have the nerve to recommend them.
    >
    >http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824009036
    >
    >This is an Acer 17" LCD for $220, including shipping. None of the 3 monitors
    >has given any trouble and what's more they are easy to view and very bright.
    >It comes with a 3 year warranty.

Homebuilt LCD Monitor Monitors Systems Product