Shift key on new keyboard

I recently switched keyboards on my computer. I had a Logitech
keyboard. It works fine; I just didn't like the physical design of the
keyboard. I replaced it with an older model Sun keyboard. Now
whenever I hold down the SHIFT key while playing certain games I'll
hear a beep from the computer's internal speaker. It will also
sometimes beep if I hold down the SHIFT key for an extended period of
time while using a program such as wordpad or notepad. Please note,
this has nothing to do with the Accessibilty Options in the Windows
Control Panel. I hooked up my original keyboard and the problem went
away. I like the Sun keyboard much better but I'm wondering if the
beeping could cause a problem. The motherboard is an Intel 875pbz with
a 2.6 GHz Northwood processor and 512 MB DDR 400 RAM. I have Windows XP
Home Edition installed with Service Pack 1. The computer is not
connected to the internet.
1 answer Last reply
More about shift keyboard

    PS2 with an adapter from the old AT style connector?

    <djs0302@aol.com> wrote in message
    >I recently switched keyboards on my computer. I had a Logitech
    > keyboard. It works fine; I just didn't like the physical design of the
    > keyboard. I replaced it with an older model Sun keyboard. Now
    > whenever I hold down the SHIFT key while playing certain games I'll
    > hear a beep from the computer's internal speaker. It will also
    > sometimes beep if I hold down the SHIFT key for an extended period of
    > time while using a program such as wordpad or notepad. Please note,
    > this has nothing to do with the Accessibilty Options in the Windows
    > Control Panel. I hooked up my original keyboard and the problem went
    > away. I like the Sun keyboard much better but I'm wondering if the
    > beeping could cause a problem. The motherboard is an Intel 875pbz with
    > a 2.6 GHz Northwood processor and 512 MB DDR 400 RAM. I have Windows XP
    > Home Edition installed with Service Pack 1. The computer is not
    > connected to the internet.

Homebuilt Computer Keyboards Systems