Basic Questions

Sorry if these are basic but I cannot verify and need to know

If i have a NT Server which is also a DHCP server but some of the
workstations have their IP Address set manually (not DHCP allocated)

Can they still join the domain?

Assuming they do not become members of the domain can workstations
which are members of the domain see and map to these machine's
resources?

If I then change them to DHCP allocated IP's but still not join them to
the domain can those machines joined to the domain see and map to these
machine's resources?

Many thanks

Mike

Hi Mike,

"Mike Saunders" <mike@folleytech.co.uk> wrote in message news
> Sorry if these are basic but I cannot verify and need to know
>
> If i have a NT Server which is also a DHCP server but some of the
> workstations have their IP Address set manually (not DHCP allocated)
>
> Can they still join the domain?

Absolutely as long as it is configured to point towards
your name server in the tcp/ip properties.

> Assuming they do not become members of the domain can workstations
> which are members of the domain see and map to these machine's
> resources?

Yes with the proper permissions.

> If I then change them to DHCP allocated IP's but still not join them
> the domain can those machines joined to the domain see and map to
these
> machine's resources?

Same as above