Laser Printer Ghost Images

Hi,

I've got a Tally 8006 color laser printer that is giving me quality
problems. Very simply, every page I print has a ghost image of the
page previously printed.

Unfortunately for me, Tally (Genicom) no longer provides any support
for this printer, so I'm only left with the data I find on their
website. I've followed all the cleaning procedures in the manual,
especially the transfer roller and corona wire. Plus I've installed a
new OPC belt. But to no avail. Test pages (color and B/W all print
with a ghost)

I realize that this is an off-off-brand printer, but does anyone have
any general suggestions about troubleshooting or cleaning to correct
problems like this?

Thanks in advance,

Gary "HP From Now On" Huntress

Looks like this printer is similar to the qms magicolor 2.
Did you transport the printer ? If you open up the rear cover and see
silicon oil sticking on the drum, this printer is a gonner

if not
First thing I'd check is the drum cleaner which is located under a plastic
cover between the fuser and the opc-belt.
This should be held in place by two metal fingers and be driven by a plastic
gear on the right side.

Second would be the upper waste feeder, this is the unit on which the drum
cleaner is attached. The drum cleaner drops the waste toner in this unit
from where it's transported further to the waste box.
I know the qms's tend to get clogged waste feeders resulting in a broken
waste feeder.

hope this helps
Jeff