AMD Athlon Xp 2800+ Help

Hello,
Have just instaled new Athlon Xp 2800+ in my system and the Bios says
that it is 1250mhz Amd processor.
I have Pcchips M851 motherboard with bios version 1.3A
Any ideas whats wrong guys?
Thanks a lot for help
Bart

"Bartek Boski" <bartlomiej.boski@virgin.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
> Have just instaled new Athlon Xp 2800+ in my system and the Bios says that
> it is 1250mhz Amd processor.
> I have Pcchips M851 motherboard with bios version 1.3A
> Any ideas whats wrong guys?
> Thanks a lot for help
> Bart

Yeah, your system FSB or Front side bus is set for 100Mhz. Set it for
166Mhz.

Kill Bill wrote:
> "Bartek Boski" <bartlomiej.boski@virgin.net> wrote in message
>
>>Hello,
>>Have just instaled new Athlon Xp 2800+ in my system and the Bios says that
>>it is 1250mhz Amd processor.
>>I have Pcchips M851 motherboard with bios version 1.3A
>>Any ideas whats wrong guys?
>>Thanks a lot for help
>>Bart
>

> Yeah, your system FSB or Front side bus is set for 100Mhz. Set it for
> 166Mhz.

There's probably a jumper on the board or a dip switch to do this.

http://www.abmdr.org.au/
http://www.marrow.org/

the manual should have instructions on how to
change the bus settings.

-Avery Anderson- wrote:
> the manual should have instructions on how to
> change the bus settings.

Its working now.
Thanks a lot guys for your help!
Bart

I think some mobo's don't recognize the appropriate bys speed. You may want
to check to make sure the speed is set to the proper value in the bios setup
utility.