Screen going dim then black

Hey all,
Well,the other day my PC got dripped on by a leaky roof.At first it wouldn't
woouldn't completely boot.I got a error 75 which is an IDE problem. But
after drying out I am able to run it for a while.
Looks like both my CDRW and DVD drives are toast. But, now the screen will
go dim and then completely black if I leave it on for awhile.I get no error
messages and no lockups or blue screens either.
The monitor was not dripped on at all and as far as I can tell the water
entered the caes through the seam above the drives at the front. Any
ideas?Is it a video card problem or motherboard? Thanks,Dawg

"dawg" <don't look@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Well,the other day my PC got dripped on by a leaky roof.At first
> it wouldn't woouldn't completely boot.I got a error 75 which is
> an IDE problem. But after drying out I am able to run it for a
> while.

Are you saying that you turned on your computer before drying it
out?

I guess you did not know, but just in case it happens to anyone
else.

When electronics get wet.

.... unplug and/or remove batteries

.... dry it, make sure it is completely dry

.... then consider turning it on

Sorry for the loss.

Good luck.