Stephan

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

Just wondering how else to alter the info displayed on the [General Tab] but
not to customize my own information. Thanks

Stephan

"Stephan" <xxxAmadorFamilyxxx@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Just wondering how else to alter the info displayed on the [General Tab]
> but
> not to customize my own information. Thanks
>
> Stephan

I always edit oeminfo.ini to put in stuff - try it with Notepad

Stephan

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

to include the "System:" and "Registered to:" but this is mainly what I'm
trying to change or alter b/c its off centered. it is an oem product from a
vendor.

"Stephan" <xxxAmadorFamilyxxx@t-online.de> wrote in message
> Just wondering how else to alter the info displayed on the [General Tab]
but
> not to customize my own information. Thanks
>
> Stephan

jad

there are freeware editors...I change it everytime I repair someone's
machine...my logo with my web site in the systems properties windows. you
cant really change the position of anything and are limited to the number of
lines.

> to include the "System:" and "Registered to:" but this is mainly what I'm
> trying to change or alter b/c its off centered. it is an oem product from
> vendor.
>

> "Stephan" <xxxAmadorFamilyxxx@t-online.de> wrote in message
> > Just wondering how else to alter the info displayed on the [General Tab]
> but
> > not to customize my own information. Thanks
> >
> > Stephan

Stephan

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2003

Ok well I was looking more on altering the "System:" and "Computer:" I know
how to change the "Registered to:" section. on the "Computer:" section there
is a big <tab> that throws my information all offline, that's why I'm
asking, thanks
Stephan

"JAD" <kapasitor@earthcharter.net> wrote in message
> there are freeware editors...I change it everytime I repair someone's
> machine...my logo with my web site in the systems properties windows. you
> cant really change the position of anything and are limited to the number
of
> lines.
>
> "Stephan" <xxxAmadorFamilyxxx@t-online.de> wrote in message
> > to include the "System:" and "Registered to:" but this is mainly what
I'm
> > trying to change or alter b/c its off centered. it is an oem product
from
> > vendor.
> >

> > "Stephan" <xxxAmadorFamilyxxx@t-online.de> wrote in message
> > > Just wondering how else to alter the info displayed on the [General
Tab]
> > but
> > > not to customize my own information. Thanks
> > >
> > > Stephan

Well I'm glad is is hard to do because it can help prevent uncrupulous
dealers (owners?) pretending the comp is something better than it actually
is.