DOS based prog to stress test sytem?

Hi

My system has been crashing a lot lately with a variety of blue screen
errors.

I'm sure its a driver issue rather than a hardware problem but to be 100%
sure I wanted to know if theres a DOS based prog which will really drive my
CPU and RAM at full load for xx minutes.

It would be useful if I could set a duration for the test and also if poss
get a CPU temp readout.

I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 on an AMD XP3000 Barton/MSI K7N2 Delta.

Thanks for any info

Ian

Try the Ultimate Boot CD - http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/
--
Wiley

"Ian Roberts" <sorry@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> My system has been crashing a lot lately with a variety of blue screen
> errors.
>
> I'm sure its a driver issue rather than a hardware problem but to be 100%
> sure I wanted to know if theres a DOS based prog which will really drive
> my CPU and RAM at full load for xx minutes.
>
> It would be useful if I could set a duration for the test and also if poss
> get a CPU temp readout.
>
> I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 on an AMD XP3000 Barton/MSI K7N2 Delta.
>
> Thanks for any info
>
> Ian

"Ian Roberts" <sorry@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> My system has been crashing a lot lately with a variety of blue screen
> errors.
>
> I'm sure its a driver issue rather than a hardware problem but to be 100%
> sure I wanted to know if theres a DOS based prog which will really drive
> my CPU and RAM at full load for xx minutes.
>
> It would be useful if I could set a duration for the test and also if poss
> get a CPU temp readout.
>
> I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 on an AMD XP3000 Barton/MSI K7N2 Delta.
>
> Thanks for any info
>
> Ian

Hi Ian. Right click My Computer\Manage\Event Viewer. Click items in Left
pane, Dbl click items in right pane. Any errors\warnings might point you to
system or software problems.
best wishes..OJ

Try MEMTEST86; goggle for it - it will test your memory/busses