Geforce 6600GT 128MB

Is there any FS9 simmer in here who can share his (or her) experience with
this card?
I am about to buy one and am very curious of the performance of this
card....

Thanx in advance!

I'm not Dutch Henk so I don't feel qualified.

"Henk" <Henk@skdjfksdjflksd.com> schrubte:

> Is there any FS9 simmer in here who can share his (or her) experience
> with this card?
> I am about to buy one and am very curious of the performance of this
> card....

Hi, I have a MSI 6600 GT 128 PCI-Express. You'll need the 66.93 drivers
from nVidia for this card, for earlier drivers do not support the 6600GT,
and it seems that the 66.93 drivers are yet in an early state of
development. (Look at http://www.suchanhannover.de under section
-FlightSim, Equipment- for more technical data ;-) )

The question is, which card do you want to upgrade? If you have an
nForce-4-Board, you may have more performance with the generic drivers
from the nForce driver set downloadable from the nVidia web site, for they
are optimised to work together.

Greetings
Thomas
@EDDV

--
http://www.suchanhannover.de

Although I cannot give you any sort of review, I can say that I have an MSI
Geforce 4 Ti4200 128DDR and have had no problems with it, performs well and
over clocks quite nicely. I have always like MSI and Nvidia products so I
would recommend them or any Nvidia based card.

--
www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.
"Henk" <Henk@skdjfksdjflksd.com> wrote in message
> Is there any FS9 simmer in here who can share his (or her) experience with
> this card?
> I am about to buy one and am very curious of the performance of this
> card....
>
> Thanx in advance!

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Chris Harries wrote:

> Although I cannot give you any sort of review, I can say that I have an MSI
> Geforce 4 Ti4200 128DDR and have had no problems with it, performs well and
> over clocks quite nicely. I have always like MSI and Nvidia products so I
> would recommend them or any Nvidia based card.

Hi Chris

I have the same card (Ti4200/128) and would like to know the steps to
over-clock my card. If you can list the steps it would be great.

Gateway
P4 2.66G
Ti4200/128

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

hi bob, ok well let me first ask you something. When you open up the monitor
display tab (right click on the desktop>>properties) what tabs do you see.
For example I have themes, Desktop, Screen saver, Appearance, MSI
Information, MSI Clock and settings. I am on XP

--
"Chris Harries" <chrisflyer@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Although I cannot give you any sort of review, I can say that I have an
> MSI Geforce 4 Ti4200 128DDR and have had no problems with it, performs
> well and over clocks quite nicely. I have always like MSI and Nvidia
> products so I would recommend them or any Nvidia based card.
>
> --
> www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
> www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.
> I apologise now for any spelling mistakes or bad grammar
> --
> "Henk" <Henk@skdjfksdjflksd.com> wrote in message
>> Is there any FS9 simmer in here who can share his (or her) experience
>> with
>> this card?
>> I am about to buy one and am very curious of the performance of this
>> card....
>>
>> Thanx in advance!

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Chris Harries wrote:

> hi bob, ok well let me first ask you something. When you open up the monitor
> display tab (right click on the desktop>>properties) what tabs do you see.
> For example I have themes, Desktop, Screen saver, Appearance, MSI
> Information, MSI Clock and settings. I am on XP

Hi Chris

I have - Themes, Desktop, Screen saver, Appearance, Settings.....

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

boB wrote:
> Chris Harries wrote:
>
>> hi bob, ok well let me first ask you something. When you open up the
>> monitor display tab (right click on the desktop>>properties) what tabs
>> do you see. For example I have themes, Desktop, Screen saver,
>> Appearance, MSI Information, MSI Clock and settings. I am on XP
>>

> Hi Chris
>
> I have - Themes, Desktop, Screen saver, Appearance, Settings.....

Damn.... add XP Home - 512 RAM

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

- wrote:

> Don't forget that you can find the "cooledit" utility on the net. It opens
> up the overclocking functions that are standard but hidden in the Nvidia
> driver. This works for a number of fairly recent cards.
>
> Doug

Thanks Doug. With Google being my friend I found a tutorial especially
for nvidea cards at -- can you believe it? --- Overclockers Australia.

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Some people are alive
Simply because
It's illegal to kill them

well bob you should have that over clock bit a the top. Have you got the
latest NVIDIA drivers and have you got your board drivers (my chip is NVIDIA
but the board is MSI so I have MSI drivers aswell)

--
"boB" <akitaREMOVECAPS77@excite.Icom> wrote in message
> Chris Harries wrote:
>
>> hi bob, ok well let me first ask you something. When you open up the
>> monitor display tab (right click on the desktop>>properties) what tabs do
>> you see. For example I have themes, Desktop, Screen saver, Appearance,
>> MSI Information, MSI Clock and settings. I am on XP
>>

> Hi Chris
>
> I have - Themes, Desktop, Screen saver, Appearance, Settings.....
>
> --
>
> boB
>
> U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

Henk,

I have Gigabyte 6600GT in Nforce4 motherboard and Athlon 64-3200. It runs
FS9 with a lot of add on scenery great. I got approx 50 percent better frame
rates compared to an
Athlon-2400+ on Nforce 2 motherboard and ATI 9800 Pro video card.

Hope this helps

regards

"Henk" <Henk@skdjfksdjflksd.com> wrote in message
> Is there any FS9 simmer in here who can share his (or her) experience with
> this card?
> I am about to buy one and am very curious of the performance of this
> card....
>
> Thanx in advance!

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Chris Harries wrote:
> well bob you should have that over clock bit a the top. Have you got the
> latest NVIDIA drivers and have you got your board drivers (my chip is NVIDIA
> but the board is MSI so I have MSI drivers aswell)

Yes, I have the latest nvidea driver but after doing some research I
found that I can safely overclock the card a bit. Then I realize my
setup is working ok as it is. Sometimes the frame rate drops to 10 or
below with my sliders moved to the right but overall it's ok.

I think I'll leave it alone. :) Thanks though.

PS, as I was researching I found this utility:

RivaTuner20RC153NY-[Guru3D.com].exe

which seems to tell people that it finds hidden overclocking settings.

But I surely don't understand it all.

at
http://downloads.guru3d.com/

--

boB

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

"Thomas Suchan" <valid.email.begins.after.the.three.dots...su.bin@gmx.de>
schreef in bericht
> Hi, I have a MSI 6600 GT 128 PCI-Express. You'll need the 66.93 drivers
> from nVidia for this card, for earlier drivers do not support the 6600GT,
> and it seems that the 66.93 drivers are yet in an early state of
> development. (Look at http://www.suchanhannover.de under section
> -FlightSim, Equipment- for more technical data ;-) )
>
> The question is, which card do you want to upgrade? If you have an
> nForce-4-Board, you may have more performance with the generic drivers
> from the nForce driver set downloadable from the nVidia web site, for they
> are optimised to work together.

Hi, thankx for the tip. I bought the card a few hours ago. A Leadtek A6600GT
TDH 128MB AGP.
I can't wait to replace my old card, a Geforce FX5600 128MB.
I'll inform you of my enthousiasm in a few hours/days.....

"Henk" <Henk@skdjfksdjflksd.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi, thankx for the tip. I bought the card a few hours ago. A Leadtek
A6600GT
> TDH 128MB AGP.
> I can't wait to replace my old card, a Geforce FX5600 128MB.
> I'll inform you of my enthousiasm in a few hours/days.....

As I promised, I would share my experiences with my new card with the group.
Well, fromI am still experimenting, but right now the FPS has doubled from
10-15 to 25-30. Not spectacular, BUT I also changed the graphical setting in
FS9 from medium to high or ultra high. So that means I do have an enormous
improvement of picture!

I am soooooooo happy now:)))

> As I promised, I would share my experiences with my new card with the
> group. Well, fromI am still experimenting, but right now the FPS has
> doubled from 10-15 to 25-30. Not spectacular, BUT I also changed the
> graphical setting in FS9 from medium to high or ultra high. So that
> means I do have an enormous improvement of picture!
>
> I am soooooooo happy now:)))

I know, but video improvements are like potato chips, you keep needing
another one! I guarantee that within weeks you will start to worry that
someone else has got more out of FS9 than you might be...

We are all sick! sick! sick! I tell you sick!!

'Nurse! The screens'

--
Quilljar

Royal Navy Fleet Air Arm Photos 1952-60