Toshiba Expands HDD Portfolio With New 3.5-Inch Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgingeri

Distinguished
After dealing with the reliability of their 2.5" 15k drives in my lab, I'm not too certain I'd trust my desktop storage to them. We've had 14 of their 146GB 15k drives go bad in the last 3 months, out of 12 trays of 17 each, or 204 drives total. That's a horrible rate for enterprise level drives. I don't know how good the desktop drives could be, but I just don't have the trust in them for it.

[citation][nom]danwat1234[/nom]5TB drives at 1TB/platter? They can fit up to 5 platters in a 3.5", 25.4mm thick drive..[/citation]

Trust me you don't want any more than three platters in a 3.5inch drive unless you can deal with the heat. 5 platters is going to be terrible and if the drive failed such as a head hitting the platter the whole drive is dumpster fodder. Second data recovery houses don't like drives that have have a lot of platters.

darkguset

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2006
"It also features Toshiba's 1 terabyte-per-platter tech, offering capacities ranging from 500 GB to 3 TB."

Does that mean that the 500GB version sports half a platter? lol

G

A2z providing best Toshiba technical support service for Toshiba users if you get this services so follow this link..

Status
Not open for further replies.