Connecting XP PC to NT4.0 Domain

Hi,

I am trying to attach a XP PC to a NT 4 Domain and the
error occurs saying "Element not found". Please can anyone
help with this message?

Also when on the PDC server I am unable to add COMPUTER
NAMES as it provides an "Unknown Error has occured".

Please if anyone can help I would gratefully appreciate it.

Kai Chalker

"Kai Chalker" <chalkerk@whl.co.uk> wrote in message
Hi,

I am trying to attach a XP PC to a NT 4 Domain and the
error occurs saying "Element not found". Please can anyone
help with this message?

Also when on the PDC server I am unable to add COMPUTER
NAMES as it provides an "Unknown Error has occured".

Please if anyone can help I would gratefully appreciate it.

Kai Chalker

What does it say in the event log ? the error messages there are a bit
better to work off...

Duncan

Hi,

The message on the event server is....

The session setup from the computer MAC50100 failed
because there
is no trust account in the security database for this
computer.
The name of the account referenced in the security
database is
MAC50100$.

Be glad if you could help.

Kai Chalker

By default XP encrypts the secure channel data
which is not supported by NT. You have to open
the local security policy and disable the member
secure digital channel.