Recommend alternatives to Norton Utilities?

Hi

I'm looking for alternatives to Norton System Works and Norton Utilities.

Any recommendations for PC "tools" software which can help me fix system
errors, drive errors etc etc?

Thanks for any info

Ian

In article <dbbcfb$1fn$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Ian
Roberts says...

www.pricelessware.org

--
Conor

Also consider System Mechanic 5. I like the program(s) and have bought
several editions.

Go to: www.iolo.com

Ed Cregger

"Ian Roberts" <sorry@NOSPAM.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I'm looking for alternatives to Norton System Works and Norton Utilities.
>
> Any recommendations for PC "tools" software which can help me fix system
> errors, drive errors etc etc?

Personally, I've had nothing but bad results with such utilities, locking up
my system in many cases. I only install Diskeeper for defragging, and run
the Windows utilities to check for errors and such.

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 16:15:24 -0400, "Ed Cregger"
<ecregger@homtail.com> wrote:

>Also consider System Mechanic 5. I like the program(s) and have bought
>several editions.
>
>Go to: www.iolo.com
>
>Ed Cregger
>

>"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> In article <dbbcfb$1fn$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com>, Ian
>> Roberts says...
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I'm looking for alternatives to Norton System Works and Norton Utilities.
>>>
>>> Any recommendations for PC "tools" software which can help me fix system
>>> errors, drive errors etc etc?
>>>
>> www.pricelessware.org
>>

>> --
>> Conor
>>
>> -You wanted an argument? Oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse. You want room
>> K5, just along the corridor. Stupid git. (Monty Python)

System Mechanic will not assist you to 'fix' anything. It will remove
redundant entries but these entries (if they are redundant, hence not
active) do not cause errors.