DVD Burner / Nero OEM suite Issue

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.video.dvd,alt.video.dvd.authoring,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

I've got a Lite-On DVD burner installed in my system. It's the 1633S model,
I think. I'm using Nero OEM suite to burn DVD's. The drive supports dvd+r dl
disks. When I go to create a dvd video, Nero Express only will recognize it
as a standard disk, 4.37 GB instead of the 8.35 GB or what ever it's
supposed to be. Any ideas?

Thanks

Craig

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.video.dvd,alt.video.dvd.authoring,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

You need the full version.

"Craig Palme" <capalme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got a Lite-On DVD burner installed in my system. It's the 1633S
model,
> I think. I'm using Nero OEM suite to burn DVD's. The drive supports dvd+r
dl
> disks. When I go to create a dvd video, Nero Express only will recognize
it
> as a standard disk, 4.37 GB instead of the 8.35 GB or what ever it's
> supposed to be. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Craig

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.video.dvd,alt.video.dvd.authoring,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

Right off hand I would say you need the 'retail' version.

"Craig Palme" <capalme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got a Lite-On DVD burner installed in my system. It's the 1633S
> model, I think. I'm using Nero OEM suite to burn DVD's. The drive supports
> dvd+r dl disks. When I go to create a dvd video, Nero Express only will
> recognize it as a standard disk, 4.37 GB instead of the 8.35 GB or what
> ever it's supposed to be. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Craig

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.video.dvd,alt.video.dvd.authoring,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

Howdy!

"Craig Palme" <capalme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got a Lite-On DVD burner installed in my system. It's the 1633S
model,
> I think. I'm using Nero OEM suite to burn DVD's. The drive supports dvd+r
dl
> disks. When I go to create a dvd video, Nero Express only will recognize
it
> as a standard disk, 4.37 GB instead of the 8.35 GB or what ever it's
> supposed to be. Any ideas?

Two. One - the drive IS a dual layer drive, right?

Second - Update to the latest version of Nero in that ballpark
(i.e., if you're running 6.0.x.y to 6.3.x.y, update to the latest 6.3.x.y
from their web site).

RwP

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.video.dvd,alt.video.dvd.authoring,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

In article <j3kCe.4470$Ih7.1716@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>, Craig
Palme says...
> I've got a Lite-On DVD burner installed in my system. It's the 1633S model,
> I think. I'm using Nero OEM suite to burn DVD's. The drive supports dvd+r dl
> disks. When I go to create a dvd video, Nero Express only will recognize it
> as a standard disk, 4.37 GB instead of the 8.35 GB or what ever it's
> supposed to be. Any ideas?

What version of Nero is it - as in 6.x.x.x?
Try updating it.

--
Conor

"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <j3kCe.4470$Ih7.1716@newssvr33.news.prodigy.com>, Craig
> Palme says...
>> I've got a Lite-On DVD burner installed in my system. It's the 1633S
>> model,
>> I think. I'm using Nero OEM suite to burn DVD's. The drive supports dvd+r
>> dl
>> disks. When I go to create a dvd video, Nero Express only will recognize
>> it
>> as a standard disk, 4.37 GB instead of the 8.35 GB or what ever it's
>> supposed to be. Any ideas?
>>
> What version of Nero is it - as in 6.x.x.x?
> Try updating it.

Any version shipped with the drive should support all the features of the
drive. It usually does, anyway...

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.video.dvd,alt.video.dvd.authoring,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

Not the dumbed down express version..

"Render Me" <hibitr8@hotremovethismail.com> wrote in message
> Not the dumbed down express version..

Funny - NeroExpress 6.3.1.25 does dual layer on three of my machines
.... albeit I've only tried one in each B)

RwP

In article <d07c9$42da828e$4275e158$20601@FUSE.NET>, Ruel Smith says...

> Any version shipped with the drive should support all the features of the
> drive. It usually does, anyway...

No it doesn't hance the updates which not only update recognised drives
but also media. Also one of the 6.x.x.x updates added dual layer
support AFAIR.

--
Conor

> In article <d07c9$42da828e$4275e158$20601@FUSE.NET>, Ruel Smith says...
>
>> Any version shipped with the drive should support all the features of the
>> drive. It usually does, anyway...
>>
> No it doesn't hance the updates which not only update recognised drives
> but also media. Also one of the 6.x.x.x updates added dual layer
> support AFAIR.

Although I've never installed Nero Express from OEM CD's, since I have a
perfectly good working copy of Nero 6.X (complete), I have installed bundled
Roxio software and I've never had a drive that offered a feature that the
bundled software didn't support. If the drive usually does 8X or 16X when it
came out, the bundled Media Creator always supported it. Same way with Dual
Layer. Maybe LiteOn is cheap about it? I have a LiteOn 1673 dual layer DVD,
but it's on a Linux system, so I never tried the bundled software.

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 21:45:58 -0400, "Ruel Smith" <NoWay@NoWhere.com>
wrote:

>"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> In article <d07c9$42da828e$4275e158$20601@FUSE.NET>, Ruel Smith says...
>>
>>> Any version shipped with the drive should support all the features of the
>>> drive. It usually does, anyway...
>>>
>> No it doesn't hance the updates which not only update recognised drives
>> but also media. Also one of the 6.x.x.x updates added dual layer
>> support AFAIR.
>
>Although I've never installed Nero Express from OEM CD's, since I have a
>perfectly good working copy of Nero 6.X (complete), I have installed bundled
>Roxio software and I've never had a drive that offered a feature that the
>bundled software didn't support. If the drive usually does 8X or 16X when it
>came out, the bundled Media Creator always supported it. Same way with Dual
>Layer. Maybe LiteOn is cheap about it? I have a LiteOn 1673 dual layer DVD,
>but it's on a Linux system, so I never tried the bundled software.

The Nero 6.6.0.6 Express that came with my BenQ 1625 supports dual
layer. All builds of Nero since 6.1.-something have had dual-layer
support. There should be a dialogue box at the bottom right of the
main window for selecting single or dual-layer projects. It might
have defaulted to single-layer.

... Steve ..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.video.dvd,alt.video.dvd.authoring,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

Newest Nero 6.6 Update:

http://ww2.nero.com/enu/nero-up.php

--
JL
I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or

"Craig Palme" <capalme@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've got a Lite-On DVD burner installed in my system. It's the 1633S
> model, I think. I'm using Nero OEM suite to burn DVD's. The drive supports
> dvd+r dl disks. When I go to create a dvd video, Nero Express only will
> recognize it as a standard disk, 4.37 GB instead of the 8.35 GB or what
> ever it's supposed to be. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>
> Craig

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.video.dvd,alt.video.dvd.authoring,alt.video.dvd.software (More info?)

Figures.

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 22:44:34 GMT, "Craig Palme" <capalme@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Figures.

As I said elsewhere in this thread, the crippled Nero Express that
comes with a dual-layer burner WILL do dual-layer, make sure it's
SELECTED as dual-layer in the options, and when you go to "recorder"
in the menu make sure yur burner is selected instead of generic.

.. Steve ..