2.8 Dual Core vs. 3.0 Single = Same Price

Seems that the 3.0GHz Intel is about the same prices as the 2.8GHz with Dual
Core. Any thoughts as to which would be a more practicle purchase?
3 answers Last reply
More about dual core single price

    In article <GKidnQIVJfYYUUffRVn-hw@comcast.com>, Al Franz says...
    > Seems that the 3.0GHz Intel is about the same prices as the 2.8GHz with Dual
    > Core. Any thoughts as to which would be a more practicle purchase?

    Depends on what you're going to use it for and the software/OS you
    intend to use on it.

    --
    Conor

    >> Depends on what you're going to use it for and the software/OS you
    >> intend to use on it.

    Business application, video editing.

    On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:21:37 -0700, Al Franz wrote:
    > "Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message

    >> Depends on what you're going to use it for and the software/OS you
    >> intend to use on it.

    > Business application, video editing.

    As multicore CPUs become more common software will be written to take
    advantage of multi-core CPUs. For right now though, there's a good chance
    the 3.0 CPU would be slightly faster than a dual core 2.8 CPU.

    I'd still get the dual core cpu though, just 'cause it's the most
    geektastic.

Homebuilt Hardware Dual Core Systems Product