2.8 Dual Core vs. 3.0 Single = Same Price

Seems that the 3.0GHz Intel is about the same prices as the 2.8GHz with Dual
Core. Any thoughts as to which would be a more practicle purchase?

In article <GKidnQIVJfYYUUffRVn-hw@comcast.com>, Al Franz says...
> Seems that the 3.0GHz Intel is about the same prices as the 2.8GHz with Dual
> Core. Any thoughts as to which would be a more practicle purchase?

Depends on what you're going to use it for and the software/OS you
intend to use on it.

--
Conor

>> Depends on what you're going to use it for and the software/OS you
>> intend to use on it.

Business application, video editing.

"Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message
> In article <GKidnQIVJfYYUUffRVn-hw@comcast.com>, Al Franz says...
>> Seems that the 3.0GHz Intel is about the same prices as the 2.8GHz with
>> Dual
>> Core. Any thoughts as to which would be a more practicle purchase?
>>
> Depends on what you're going to use it for and the software/OS you
> intend to use on it.
>
> --
> Conor
>
> -You wanted an argument? Oh I'm sorry, but this is abuse. You want room
> K5, just along the corridor. Stupid git. (Monty Python)

CARBON

On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 17:21:37 -0700, Al Franz wrote:
> "Conor" <conor.turton@gmail.com> wrote in message

>> Depends on what you're going to use it for and the software/OS you
>> intend to use on it.

> Business application, video editing.

As multicore CPUs become more common software will be written to take
advantage of multi-core CPUs. For right now though, there's a good chance
the 3.0 CPU would be slightly faster than a dual core 2.8 CPU.

I'd still get the dual core cpu though, just 'cause it's the most
geektastic.

TRENDING THREADS