NT4 SAM Replication

ali

can anyone advise if the native Administrator account on
an NT4 domain is renamed (but maintains the same SIDs etc)
will this affect replication - or anything else which may
use this account.

thanx
alison

Hi Ali,

It is common for admins to rename the administrator as
an added level of security. If there are any services that
use the administrator account specifically they will fail until
you specify the new account.

"ali" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> can anyone advise if the native Administrator account on
> an NT4 domain is renamed (but maintains the same SIDs etc)
> will this affect replication - or anything else which may
> use this account.
>
> thanx
> alison

ali

Michael

Thanx for this - was wondering if any particular services
would use the Administrator account that would need
amended, or if they would use the SID and use account
regardless of what its called...?

Thanx
Ali

If that were the case then there would be no point
in changing the "administrator" account would there?
Any service using a particular account will pass that
account name. Once the Administrator account is
changed I would think that account would fail. Hard
to say which service

"ali" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
> Michael
>
> Thanx for this - was wondering if any particular services
> would use the Administrator account that would need
> amended, or if they would use the SID and use account
> regardless of what its called...?
>
> Thanx
> Ali

ali