Sign in with
Your question

Clint Eastwood

Tags:
Last response: in News & Leisure
August 31, 2012 2:19:53 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoqKdWY692k

You watch for yourself. Effective or what?

IMO that was an extremely effective speech. No notes or teleprompters.

More about : clint eastwood

August 31, 2012 2:41:40 AM

Big deal Clint Eastwood A rich Republican who did *** when he was mayor in Carmel Ca. when I lived there years ago.
August 31, 2012 2:47:05 AM

musical marv said:
Big deal Clint Eastwood A rich Republican who did *** when he was mayor in Carmel Ca. when I lived there years ago.

Wow, and being a rich Democrat is different in your mind.
Related resources
August 31, 2012 2:48:38 AM

Just what needed to be done on Carmel anyhow?
If you mean he didnt grow government, and therefor didnt do his job, maybe he did
August 31, 2012 2:50:38 AM

JAYDEEJOHN said:
Just what needed to be done on Carmel anyhow?
If you mean he didnt grow government, and therefor didnt do his job, maybe he did

He was a employed to his constituency like he said in his speech. Maybe you did not state what you wanted done Marv.
August 31, 2012 12:01:24 PM

I thought for an ad-libbed and unrehearsed speech, Clint Eastwood drove home the point with his fake interview of Obama in an empty chair. I thought his speech added the right amount of levity right before the heavy speeches of Rubio and Romney. I think he did a great job.

After watching the RNC on Fox Business News, I switched over to MSNBC to hear what the libtards Matthews, Maddow, Sharpton, and Schultz had to say about last night's speeches. As hard as Matthews tried to criticize Romney, the lone Republican on the MSNBC panel succinctly counter-pointed Matthews who then proceeded to jump on Clint Eastwood. Well, once Matthews jumped all over Clint Eastwood's speech, the rest of the magpies on the panel joined the bandwagon. It was by far some of the most hyper critical and superfluous commentary I have ever heard.

I think the most idiotic line came from Sharpton, "I don't be thinkin' dat's be the first time Clin' Eazwood be talkin' to an empy chair."
August 31, 2012 12:33:27 PM

Eastwood took Psychodrama to the next level ...

Didn't do himself any favours ... weird guy huh?
August 31, 2012 12:52:45 PM

Well MSN and Slate also criticized Eastwood's speech - obviously they are worried Obummer is gunner lose de election, to quote Sharpton :p ..
August 31, 2012 11:17:32 PM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
Leftist damage control in action. Hollywood in absolutley killing Eastwood today.

Still, it's nice to see him come out of the proverbial closet as a conservative libertarian.

Yes they have been railing him. Most of it unwarranted and just plain ridiculous.
August 31, 2012 11:45:51 PM

The guy is a genius as a director though ...
August 31, 2012 11:58:15 PM

Reynod said:
The guy is a genius as a director though ...

Yes he is. Truly an American icon IMO.
September 1, 2012 3:05:57 AM

Reynod said:
Eastwood took Psychodrama to the next level ...

Didn't do himself any favours ... weird guy huh?
He made a complete ass out of himself at the convention with these dumb remarks looking at a empty chair. Let him stick to acting!
September 1, 2012 4:46:42 AM

musical marv said:
He made a complete ass out of himself at the convention with these dumb remarks looking at a empty chair. Let him stick to acting!

He was acting you ass. He was interviewing Obama in the "empty chair", get it?
September 1, 2012 6:34:17 AM

musical marv said:

It is called improv. Being an actor he is great at it. You think he actually cares if he made an ass of himself? He is 82 for crying out loud, he is beyond the point where he can make a fool of himself and actually care what other people think of him.
September 1, 2012 6:57:23 AM

How he said what he said has nothing to do with what he said, tho its as if it were as some people would want to point out.

However, talking about Gitmo, mentioning having terrorists being put to trial in downtown New York, and mentioning what a poor ideal and idea, and how lacking, insensitive and foolish such a thing would be, and Obamas supposed reaction goes right in line with not having a lawyer for president, as its a sick mentality to go thru such things in such ways, which lifts the laws higher than the very will of common sense made sense to me, and not about qhich approach he took.

He wasnt trying to be cooler than anyone else, nor popular as well, just pointing out a few things our current leader believes in fiercely, wasnt trying to be smooth, wasnt trying to create a seperation, which are things that are harmful and trivial, foolish and weak.
He was being a man, not a wimp, wasnt creating victims, wasnt creating bad guys, simply commenting on foolish ideals, foolish responses, not getting twisted into all the bull, but being a man, having his say his way.

It hurts more to those who championed those such as Michael Moore and such, who isnt the man Clint is, will never be, and doesnt even have a clue as to start being so.

As someone has said, it disqualifies feminists, as they look to Uncle Sam for freebies, so too it shows the hypocracy of those who think its cool to listen to nothing but slams with twists coming from those in Hollywood, but cant attack the message, not the messenger directly, but how the message was delivered, as one blow brings them to their knees, and their responses are not those of men, but accusationial children
September 1, 2012 12:08:38 PM

musical marv said:

Marv I really think a guy like Clint Eastwood can do whatever he likes at this late stage in his life and most people will still smile.

He has earned it.

September 1, 2012 9:43:40 PM

Never really understand why you guys are so worked up about this?

All I saw was an old man sharing his political views to the republican audience.

Oh, the empty chair was a bit strange, but I am not an actor...so... :p 
September 2, 2012 1:31:38 AM

Oldmangamer_73 said:
He was acting you ass. He was interviewing Obama in the "empty chair", get it?
hey dummy you might like this jerk with his improvising of Obama but it was in poor taste like you dumb posts sometimes! A typical republican comment.
September 2, 2012 4:39:05 AM

I smell a moderator around here...
September 2, 2012 4:53:09 AM

musical marv said:
hey dummy you might like this jerk with his improvising of Obama but it was in poor taste like you dumb posts sometimes! A typical republican comment.

Why was it in poor taste? Just because he had a comedy skit about our President makes it intolerable. Let's remember how many jokes were made of Bush, most to actually make fun of him and make him look very stupid etc., and the rest that were all in good fun. But now the media is getting all worked up about a skit to lighten the mood a the Republican Convention. Totally blown out of proportion.
September 2, 2012 10:46:35 AM

:lol:  Clint, Made my Day! ROFL I Loved It! :lol: 
September 2, 2012 10:53:33 AM

musical marv said:

When an employee doesn't do the job, it's time to replace him!

Absolutely Loved it Marv! :lol: 
September 3, 2012 12:33:47 AM

SR-71 Blackbird said:
Video removed?

I'll find another link and edit my initial post.
September 3, 2012 12:35:09 AM

Thanks would love to take in a view of it.
September 3, 2012 12:36:06 AM

Go ahead it's fixed.
September 3, 2012 12:47:34 AM

Some acting , but the valid points he made , outweigh the acting.
September 3, 2012 3:07:49 AM

mjmjpfaff said:
Why was it in poor taste? Just because he had a comedy skit about our President makes it intolerable. Let's remember how many jokes were made of Bush, most to actually make fun of him and make him look very stupid etc., and the rest that were all in good fun. But now the media is getting all worked up about a skit to lighten the mood a the Republican Convention. Totally blown out of proportion.
The economy is not a joke when over 14 million are out of work and we are engaged in 2 wars and the country is back sliding into upheaval with crime and other detrimental things.
September 3, 2012 5:12:21 AM

musical marv said:
The economy is not a joke when over 14 million are out of work and we are engaged in 2 wars and the country is back sliding into upheaval with crime and other detrimental things.

Did you even watch the video? He never once joked about the economy. He made a few silly jokes about our current President (obviously not to hurt his feelings) to lighten the mood. Just because we have a bad economy means people cannot joke? Do not be ridiculous Marv.
September 4, 2012 1:22:40 PM

I laughed when Clint said "Shut up" as referencing Obama saying that to him. That was funny.
September 4, 2012 4:41:00 PM

Quote:
Then after World War Two, it got kinda quiet, 'til Superman challenged FDR to a race around the world. FDR beat him by a furlong, or so the comic books would have you believe. The truth lies somewhere in between.

Officer Callahan reminded me of Abe Simspon.

September 4, 2012 8:13:53 PM

Yea, its too bad how Hollywood treats their own
Go on strike?
Hire scabs
Make millions on freedom of speech movies
Hang those that are different
Make millions on movies about those who are different
See above
Promote tolerance, make more millions
See all of the above
September 5, 2012 3:09:56 AM

riser said:
I laughed when Clint said "Shut up" as referencing Obama saying that to him. That was funny.
Eastwood made a complete ass out of himself at this convention. A old fool. Romneys points did not go high to much after the RC at all.
September 5, 2012 3:26:09 AM

Apparently, Obama like it.
September 5, 2012 12:45:24 PM

musical marv said:
Eastwood made a complete ass out of himself at this convention. A old fool. Romneys points did not go high to much after the RC at all.

Why should his points go higher? They're already higher than Obama's. Now, in the end we have a choice between Obama and Romney.

Which would you pick and why?
September 6, 2012 3:07:55 AM

riser said:
Why should his points go higher? They're already higher than Obama's. Now, in the end we have a choice between Obama and Romney.

Which would you pick and why?
They both have pros and cons. Obama I would give another term to.
September 6, 2012 3:02:54 PM

musical marv said:

Why? Our debt has exploded, he didn't follow through on nearly all of his promises, our economy is still in shambles 3.5 years after he said he can fix it.....
September 6, 2012 3:46:30 PM

Don't forget riser, If Obama gets re-elected he will have more "flexibility" in negotiating with the Russians on ballistic missile defense.

How anyone could want a repeat of the last 3.5 years for the next 4 years is beyond me.
September 7, 2012 6:28:51 PM

The Man with No Name, himself, explains the empty chair...

Eastwood defends RNC speech.

Quote:
There was a stool there, and some fella kept asking me if I wanted to sit down. When I saw the stool sitting there, it gave me the idea. I'll just put the stool out there, and I'll talk to Mr. Obama and ask him why he didn't keep all of the promises he made to everybody...President [Barack] Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people, Eastwood told the paper. [Mitt] Romney and [Paul] Ryan would do a much better job running the country, and that's what everybody needs to know. I may have irritated a lot of the lefties, but I was aiming for people in the middle.

For kicks and giggles, I rewatched "Every Which But Loose", ...12 ribs my a$s!
September 8, 2012 4:32:53 AM

musical marv said:

I would agree.

Plus ... having a president who can make himself invisible at the opposition's convention is a remarkable feat ... that fact that he also didn't speak shows he has considerable patience and respect for Clint.

September 8, 2012 6:26:24 AM

Reynod said:
I would agree.

Plus ... having a president who can make himself invisible at the opposition's convention is a remarkable feat ... that fact that he also didn't speak shows he has considerable patience and respect for Clint.

Very well put.
September 8, 2012 7:27:51 AM

Reynod said:
I would agree.

Plus ... having a president who can make himself invisible to the nation is a remarkable feat ... that fact that he also never speaks the truth shows he has considerable patience and respect for Clint.

Very well put
September 10, 2012 12:36:12 PM

I watched Grand Torino last night.
September 10, 2012 4:18:24 PM

Awesome movie huh riser?
September 11, 2012 6:22:19 AM

riser said:
Why? Our debt has exploded, he didn't follow through on nearly all of his promises, our economy is still in shambles 3.5 years after he said he can fix it.....
Give him another chance he deserves this as the bitch Mitch M said even before Obama took the presidency this would only be for 4 years that he would be goal MM. He is a TURD!
September 11, 2012 6:48:49 AM

I too am a little disturbed by announcing publicly that your goal is to ruin someones career. I would think disagreeing with the person in charge is okay, but if Democrats come out and announce they want to make Romney a 4 year president, I would still be equally disturbed by their behavior.
!