Trouble setting up ad hoc wireless network at home

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
August 4, 2005 1:19:07 AM

I am trying to connect my two Windows XP laptops with a computer-to-computer
(ad hoc, no access points or routers) wireless network. I have configured the
host computer according to the directions at:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/exp...
However, my other laptop does not see the network. I only get the message
"No wireless netowrks were found in range."
Here's what I have:
Host computer: Gateway model # 6000 with an Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG
Network Connection
Client computer: Toshiba Satellite M35X-5163 with an Atheros AR5005GS
Wireless Network Adapter (driver version 3.1.2.45)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kimberly
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 5:33:01 AM

Kimberly

I'm having a similar problem. Did you ever succeed?
If so, please help.

"Kimberly" wrote:

> I am trying to connect my two Windows XP laptops with a computer-to-computer
> (ad hoc, no access points or routers) wireless network. I have configured the
> host computer according to the directions at:
> http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/exp...
> However, my other laptop does not see the network. I only get the message
> "No wireless netowrks were found in range."
> Here's what I have:
> Host computer: Gateway model # 6000 with an Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG
> Network Connection
> Client computer: Toshiba Satellite M35X-5163 with an Atheros AR5005GS
> Wireless Network Adapter (driver version 3.1.2.45)
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Kimberly
Anonymous
August 6, 2005 6:35:14 AM