Trouble setting up ad hoc wireless network at home

I am trying to connect my two Windows XP laptops with a computer-to-computer
(ad hoc, no access points or routers) wireless network. I have configured the
host computer according to the directions at:
However, my other laptop does not see the network. I only get the message
"No wireless netowrks were found in range."
Here's what I have:
Host computer: Gateway model # 6000 with an Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG
Network Connection
Client computer: Toshiba Satellite M35X-5163 with an Atheros AR5005GS
Wireless Network Adapter (driver version 3.1.2.45)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kimberly
2 answers Last reply
More about trouble setting wireless network home

    Kimberly

    I'm having a similar problem. Did you ever succeed?
    If so, please help.

    "Kimberly" wrote:

    > I am trying to connect my two Windows XP laptops with a computer-to-computer
    > (ad hoc, no access points or routers) wireless network. I have configured the
    > host computer according to the directions at:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx
    > However, my other laptop does not see the network. I only get the message
    > "No wireless netowrks were found in range."
    > Here's what I have:
    > Host computer: Gateway model # 6000 with an Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG
    > Network Connection
    > Client computer: Toshiba Satellite M35X-5163 with an Atheros AR5005GS
    > Wireless Network Adapter (driver version 3.1.2.45)
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Kimberly

    Kimberly

    I succeeded.
    I found this web site very helpful.
    "Will" wrote:

    > Kimberly
    >
    > I'm having a similar problem. Did you ever succeed?
    > If so, please help.
    >
    > "Kimberly" wrote:
    >
    > > I am trying to connect my two Windows XP laptops with a computer-to-computer
    > > (ad hoc, no access points or routers) wireless network. I have configured the
    > > host computer according to the directions at:
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/networking/expert/bowman_02april08.mspx
    > > However, my other laptop does not see the network. I only get the message
    > > "No wireless netowrks were found in range."
    > > Here's what I have:
    > > Host computer: Gateway model # 6000 with an Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 2200BG
    > > Network Connection
    > > Client computer: Toshiba Satellite M35X-5163 with an Atheros AR5005GS
    > > Wireless Network Adapter (driver version 3.1.2.45)
    > >
    > > Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    > >
    > > Kimberly

Wireless Network Computers Wireless Networking