Socket A Motherboard with firewire

macca

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2004

Hi,

I have an old Athlon 1800+ XP Thoroughbred Processor and want to build a
second PC using it and an old ATA hard drive and 512MB DDR memory i have. I
also want the PC to have Firewire so i am looking for an appropriate
motherboard that will take the above which has Firewire on board.

I dont want to spend a fortune and would appreciate any suggesstions,

Thanks In Advance
Macca

"Macca" <asbc31@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an old Athlon 1800+ XP Thoroughbred Processor and want to build a
> second PC using it and an old ATA hard drive and 512MB DDR memory i have.
> also want the PC to have Firewire so i am looking for an appropriate
> motherboard that will take the above which has Firewire on board.
>
> I dont want to spend a fortune and would appreciate any suggesstions,
>
> Thanks In Advance
> Macca

I don't know about mobos since there's probably hundreds but an alternative
would be an original soundblaster Audigy card which you might want anyway.
It'll have a firewire port. Bids starting at $1 on ebay...

www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=7735&GroupID=530

www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=4463&GroupID=529

www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/specpage.html?ASU-A7N8XE

--
Judder

Macca wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have an old Athlon 1800+ XP Thoroughbred Processor and want to build a
> second PC using it and an old ATA hard drive and 512MB DDR memory i have. I
> also want the PC to have Firewire so i am looking for an appropriate
> motherboard that will take the above which has Firewire on board.

Biostar M7VIZ ver. 1.3 (not ver. 8.0). Uses VT8237 south bridge and
also has SATA sockets.