yellow ! on video controller, xp, but have video?

Hi,

I noticed in the device manager of an xp system that there is a yellow
exclamation mark next to the vga contoller.
The monitor display, however, is fine. It's set at 32 color. How can this
be?
When I tried the "go on line to update the driver," button the replay says
it can't find one.
TIA

slrx
2 answers Last reply
More about yellow video controller video

    what's the error code?
    is it because you have a dual monitor video adapter and there is no second
    monitor?

    "~1Alex~" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I noticed in the device manager of an xp system that there is a yellow
    > exclamation mark next to the vga contoller.
    > The monitor display, however, is fine. It's set at 32 color. How can
    > this be?
    > When I tried the "go on line to update the driver," button the replay says
    > it can't find one.
    > TIA
    >
    > slrx

    thanks for the reply Jad,

    since i posted i found the mobo cd, and installed the via vga chipset
    drivers, and that resolved the issue.

    Alex

Homebuilt Video Windows XP Systems