yellow ! on video controller, xp, but have video?

Hi,

I noticed in the device manager of an xp system that there is a yellow
exclamation mark next to the vga contoller.
The monitor display, however, is fine. It's set at 32 color. How can this
be?
When I tried the "go on line to update the driver," button the replay says
it can't find one.
TIA

slrx

jad

what's the error code?
is it because you have a dual monitor video adapter and there is no second
monitor?

"~1Alex~" <bogus@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I noticed in the device manager of an xp system that there is a yellow
> exclamation mark next to the vga contoller.
> The monitor display, however, is fine. It's set at 32 color. How can
> this be?
> When I tried the "go on line to update the driver," button the replay says
> it can't find one.
> TIA
>
> slrx

thanks for the reply Jad,

since i posted i found the mobo cd, and installed the via vga chipset
drivers, and that resolved the issue.

Alex