Error "NTVDM CPU: unauthorized instruction" running FS9

Hi,

I have using FS9 for some time, and then, suddenly, it has stopped
working: when I launch it, it opens a kind of command window and then
there is a pop up saying NTVDM has met an unauthorized instruction (as I
understand NTVDM is a kind of virtual MS-DOS for 16bit software!!!).

Has anyone any idea? I installed one week ago VFR Terrain for England
and Wales but it seemed fine.

Thanks for your help

More about error ntvdm unauthorized instruction running

    have you tried a re-install of FS9?

    --
    www.deadlyhosting.com - Great Game, Voice and Web Hosting.
    www.deadlyhosting.com/special.php for a great special.

    Chris Harries wrote:
    > have you tried a re-install of FS9?

    Thanks.

    Yes, I finally did it (I was secretly hoping for another solution...).
    And it (apparently) solved the problem (if not the mystery).

    Best,

Video Games