two different kinds of cartridges for canon printers?

Hello,

I'm sure this problem has been raised before, but I didn't find the
answer when I googled for it, nor when I searched Canon's website, nor
when I asked people in person.

I have two Canon printers: the BJC-2000 and the BJC-4550. Both of them
are supposed to take the BC-20 cartridge, which I have installed, and
the BCI-21, which I have not. The problem is that the BCI-21 is very
different in shape and size from the BC-20. The BCI-21, even when
paired (color + black), is not quite a matchup to the BC-20.

What's going on? Why do several diferent sources say that these
cartridges are interchangeable? If they are interchangeable, HOW do I
install the BCI-21?

Thank you for all answers.

Ted Shoemaker

T_S

Distinguished
Aug 31, 2004

The BC-20 cartridge is an integrated printhead cartridge.

The BCI-21 is a tank (available in black and tri-color)
which is installed in the BC-21e printhead.

You will need a BC-21e printhead to run BCI-21 cartridges.

--
WeInk.com Technical Support
Toll Free Support: 1-888-825-0759
"Ted Shoemaker" <shoemakerted@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I'm sure this problem has been raised before, but I didn't find the answer
> when I googled for it, nor when I searched Canon's website, nor when I
> asked people in person.
>
> I have two Canon printers: the BJC-2000 and the BJC-4550. Both of them
> are supposed to take the BC-20 cartridge, which I have installed, and the
> BCI-21, which I have not. The problem is that the BCI-21 is very
> different in shape and size from the BC-20. The BCI-21, even when paired
> (color + black), is not quite a matchup to the BC-20.
>
> What's going on? Why do several diferent sources say that these
> cartridges are interchangeable? If they are interchangeable, HOW do I
> install the BCI-21?
>
> Thank you for all answers.
>
> Ted Shoemaker

The BCi-21 cartridges (Black and Colour) fit into a removable printhead
(BCi-21e).
You can purchase this item over the net or in reputable computer stores.
It comes ready supplied with one of each tank and fits in place of the
BC-20.
This then allows you both black and or colour output.
regards
Stick