Dream machine: post your ideal specs if $ no prob

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
July 22, 2005 2:59:00 AM

I'm to receive a large chunk of change sometime soon, and I am starting
to dream a little about the new PC I want to build.

I'm thinking Athlon 64 system, etc., but maybe I am thinking too small.

If money was no problem (within reason) what would you build right now?
Keep it under ten thousand dollars. We are talking about a HOME GOD
BOX, for a single user, OK? It will be used for games and internet,
mostly.

Best bang/buck ratio is what I am most interested in. Know of any great
bargains? Please enlighten me. I'm particularly interested in
Mobo/CPU/RAM combos that you think are hot.

Laura

More about : dream machine post ideal specs prob

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 22, 2005 10:31:16 PM

Money No Object:

Case: Coolermaster Wavemaster

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

PSU: Antec TruePower 2.0 550 EPS12V

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI Premium

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

Video card: Two (SLI) BFG GeForce 7800 GTX

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1681...

Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...

Hard Drives: Two (RAID) Western Digital 250GB SATA II drives

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...

DVD/CD Burner: Plextor PX716SA

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...

Backup Hard Drive: Wester Digital 320GB

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1682...

Speakers: Klipsch (what else?) 5.1

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E1683...

Monitor: Apple 30" Cinema Display ($3000!!!...ouch!)

http://www.apple.com/displays/specs.html
!