Dream machine: post your ideal specs if $ no prob

I'm to receive a large chunk of change sometime soon, and I am starting
to dream a little about the new PC I want to build.

I'm thinking Athlon 64 system, etc., but maybe I am thinking too small.

If money was no problem (within reason) what would you build right now?
Keep it under ten thousand dollars. We are talking about a HOME GOD
BOX, for a single user, OK? It will be used for games and internet,
mostly.

Best bang/buck ratio is what I am most interested in. Know of any great
bargains? Please enlighten me. I'm particularly interested in
Mobo/CPU/RAM combos that you think are hot.

Laura
1 answer Last reply
More about dream machine post ideal specs prob

    Money No Object:

    Case: Coolermaster Wavemaster

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811119031

    PSU: Antec TruePower 2.0 550 EPS12V

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103932

    Motherboard: Asus A8N-SLI Premium

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131540

    Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16819103544

    Video card: Two (SLI) BFG GeForce 7800 GTX

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814143036

    Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4 Pro

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16829102181

    Hard Drives: Two (RAID) Western Digital 250GB SATA II drives

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144701

    DVD/CD Burner: Plextor PX716SA

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16827131351

    Backup Hard Drive: Wester Digital 320GB

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822144340

    Speakers: Klipsch (what else?) 5.1

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16836119106

    Monitor: Apple 30" Cinema Display ($3000!!!...ouch!)

    http://www.apple.com/displays/specs.html

Homebuilt Systems Product