clients logging into NT4 domain

Which DC do clients go to to log into the NT 4 domain, the
BDC or the PDC? Is it whatever DC it has a secure channel
with or is it always the PDC or always the BDC? Does it
make a difference what OS the clients are running? Do
2000 clients differ from 9x clients?
Thanks.

The first to reply is the DC they use to log on with.

hth
DDS W 2k MVP MCSE

"NAN" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Which DC do clients go to to log into the NT 4 domain, the
> BDC or the PDC? Is it whatever DC it has a secure channel
> with or is it always the PDC or always the BDC? Does it
> make a difference what OS the clients are running? Do
> 2000 clients differ from 9x clients?
> Thanks.

This article only mentions NT. I wouldn't be surprised if it was this way
with all clients on a NT domain.

On a Win 2k or 2k3 domain you can set up sites that determine the logon
server.

> [...]

Forgot to send the link.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;181171&Product=nts40

hth