Default Gateway for NT 4 Server

I have three sites that are connected over a WAN. Each
site has a PDC running NT 4 with SP6 installed. Let's
call these sites A, B, and C. Site A communicates to
Site B with router1 and to Site C with router2. If I
make the default gateway on the PDC for Site A equal to
router1 then I cannot ping any file servers on Site C.
If I make the default gateway on the PDC for Site A equal
to router2 then I cannot ping any file servers on Site
B. On the PDC for Site A under TCP/IP properties I have
added both router1 and router2 as Gateways but can only
communicate with the resources corresponding to the
network for the first gateway listed under the Advanced
button. I can at all times ping both router1 and router2
from the PDC at Site A.

Leave them blank.

"Roger Nelson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have three sites that are connected over a WAN. Each
> site has a PDC running NT 4 with SP6 installed. Let's
> call these sites A, B, and C. Site A communicates to
> Site B with router1 and to Site C with router2. If I
> make the default gateway on the PDC for Site A equal to
> router1 then I cannot ping any file servers on Site C.
> If I make the default gateway on the PDC for Site A equal
> to router2 then I cannot ping any file servers on Site
> B. On the PDC for Site A under TCP/IP properties I have
> added both router1 and router2 as Gateways but can only
> communicate with the resources corresponding to the
> network for the first gateway listed under the Advanced
> button. I can at all times ping both router1 and router2
> from the PDC at Site A.

Since the PDC has a static IP address I have to include a
Default Router. Whichever router I insert as the default
router automatically will show up under the Advanced
button.

wrote in message
>> I have three sites that are connected over a WAN. Each
>> site has a PDC running NT 4 with SP6 installed. Let's
>> call these sites A, B, and C. Site A communicates to
>> Site B with router1 and to Site C with router2. If I
>> make the default gateway on the PDC for Site A equal to
>> router1 then I cannot ping any file servers on Site C.
>> If I make the default gateway on the PDC for Site A
equal
>> to router2 then I cannot ping any file servers on Site
>> B. On the PDC for Site A under TCP/IP properties I
have
>> added both router1 and router2 as Gateways but can only
>> communicate with the resources corresponding to the
>> network for the first gateway listed under the Advanced
>> button. I can at all times ping both router1 and
router2
>> from the PDC at Site A.
>

>.

Correct. If the PDC was acting as the router then
they would be blank.. The PDC should be pointing
towards the router on it's subnet. Unless the default
router will route to the remote subnets you have to
add static routes in the routing table pointing towards
the remote subnets and the gateway to the remote
subnets.

"Roger Nelson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since the PDC has a static IP address I have to include a
> Default Router. Whichever router I insert as the default
> router automatically will show up under the Advanced
> button.

I have two routers. I would like the users on the
network to be able to access remote resources on either
router. How can I configure TCP/IP properties to allow
for both routers? The users can only access remote
resources for the Default Gateway with the lowest
Interface Metric.

wrote in message
>> Since the PDC has a static IP address I have to
include a
>> Default Router. Whichever router I insert as the
default
>> router automatically will show up under the Advanced
>> button.
>

>.

Well I am not sure how you'd do that without
teaming the adapters or statically assigning routes
to the clients using the route add command.
> I have two routers. I would like the users on the
> network to be able to access remote resources on either
> router. How can I configure TCP/IP properties to allow
> for both routers? The users can only access remote
> resources for the Default Gateway with the lowest
> Interface Metric.

Thank you for your reply. Is their a way to place the
route commands in a file so Windows will read them at
startup instead of having to go to each computer? I
think I can place the "route" command in the login script
but I was hoping Windows had a file such as the "lmhost"
and "networks" that I could utilize.

wrote in message
>> I have two routers. I would like the users on the
>> network to be able to access remote resources on either
>> router. How can I configure TCP/IP properties to allow
>> for both routers? The users can only access remote
>> resources for the Default Gateway with the lowest
>> Interface Metric.

Sure depending on the client OS..