PDC doesn't service logon requests !!!

Hi.

This is NT 4 domain with PDC and BDC. My problem is when BDC is taken
offline, clients can't log on to the network. I'm sure PDC is still PDC, and
BDC is still BDC (ie no demotion or promotion).

I checked the WINS database and noticed that 1CH only contains my BDC,
doesn't have my PDC on the list. I tried manually added the PDC through
static mappings to the 1CH, but still when BDC is taken offline, clients
still can't logon.

Please help. I am extremely frustrated. Do you think re-creating the WINS
database would help?

thanks

Open a dos prompt on the PDC and run nbtstat -c
then verify the domain name 1c entry is not in conflict.
If it is in conflict reboot the PDC to clear it out.