Workgroup disappeared...where did it go?

Hi,

I have a windows lan with a nt4 pdc. I have a domain, called SUPPORT
and a workgroup called WORKGROUP.

Historically, all of our machines were running Windows 98 and were
part of WORKGROUP and log into the SUPPORT domain. As I upgrade
machines to Windows XP (fresh installs) I am joining every one to the
SUPPORT domain, abandoning WORKGROUP.

Presently, about 40 machines are listed in the SUPPORT domain when I
browse our network and there are about 10 machines left in the
WORKGROUP awaiting upgrades to XP.

When I browse the Entire Network from my XP machine, I used to see
both SUPPORT and WORKGROUP under the Entire Network. In the last few
days, only SUPPORT is showing up under Entire Network.

I still have some shares mapped to a server that is part of WORKGROUP
and I can access files, but do you have any idea why WORKGROUP would
no longer be listed next to my SUPPORT domain?

From a Win98 machine that is still in the WORKGROUP, I open the
Network Neighborhood and see all of those WORKGROUP members listed but
SUPPORT is no longer listed.

Anyone know what's going on here?

Thanks

I found the problem, although I don't fully understand why it
happened. My assistant enable DNS on a Linux box (A net integrator)
last week. As soon as I deactivated DNS on that server, my Windows
nethood was back. I run DNS (for years) on a Unix box and this never
happened. My guess is samba is at the root of this.