you don't have appropriate permission to perform this oper..

My senario is:

Domain Controller: windows 2003
Client: windows 2000 server
user account: Administrator, Domain Admin,Domain Schema rights.

problem:

- user cann't perform Send/Receive in Outlook2003. the following message
appears"
You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.

- user cann't install any software. (the installation dosn't complete and
freez).

there is no any security policy defined.

i hope to get a result, why that user cann't do the previous issues.??

Regards,
7 answers Last reply
More about permission perform oper

    When you say "administrator" can we assume you
    mean an account with these privileges applied or
    do you mean the actual "administrator" account
    e.g., Mydomainaccount which is a member of
    the following groups Administrator, Domain
    Admin,Domain Schema rights.

    Open the computer management/ local users
    and groups and verify at least one of the domain
    groups belong to the local administrator group on
    the W2k server.

    "Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...
    > My senario is:
    >
    > Domain Controller: windows 2003
    > Client: windows 2000 server
    > user account: Administrator, Domain Admin,Domain Schema rights.
    >
    > problem:
    >
    > - user cann't perform Send/Receive in Outlook2003. the following
    message
    > appears"
    > You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.
    >
    > - user cann't install any software. (the installation dosn't complete
    and
    > freez).
    >
    > there is no any security policy defined.
    >
    > i hope to get a result, why that user cann't do the previous issues.??

    Dear Michael,
    Thanks for your reply..
    I logged as a domain administrator on user machine (windows 2000server) and
    the same issues happen..

    >>Open the computer management/ local users
    and groups and verify at least one of the domain
    groups belong to the local administrator group on
    the W2k server.

    I did that step but the problem is still.

    i hope there is any other step i've to check it..

    Thanks,

    i p

    "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:

    > When you say "administrator" can we assume you
    > mean an account with these privileges applied or
    > do you mean the actual "administrator" account
    > e.g., Mydomainaccount which is a member of
    > the following groups Administrator, Domain
    > Admin,Domain Schema rights.
    >
    > Open the computer management/ local users
    > and groups and verify at least one of the domain
    > groups belong to the local administrator group on
    > the W2k server.
    >

    > "Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...
    > > My senario is:
    > >
    > > Domain Controller: windows 2003
    > > Client: windows 2000 server
    > > user account: Administrator, Domain Admin,Domain Schema rights.
    > >
    > > problem:
    > >
    > > - user cann't perform Send/Receive in Outlook2003. the following
    > message
    > > appears"
    > > You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.
    > >
    > > - user cann't install any software. (the installation dosn't complete
    > and
    > > freez).
    > >
    > > there is no any security policy defined.
    > >
    > > i hope to get a result, why that user cann't do the previous issues.??

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    Open a dos prompt and run net accounts then verify
    the value of the computer role field. You are choosing
    the local machine name not the domain name in the drop
    down list for domains?

    "Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
    > Dear Michael,
    > Thanks for your reply..
    > I logged as a domain administrator on user machine (windows
    2000server) and
    > the same issues happen..
    >
    > >>Open the computer management/ local users
    > and groups and verify at least one of the domain
    > groups belong to the local administrator group on
    > the W2k server.
    >
    > I did that step but the problem is still.
    >
    > i hope there is any other step i've to check it..
    >
    > Thanks,
    >

    > i p
    >
    > "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:
    >
    > > When you say "administrator" can we assume you
    > > mean an account with these privileges applied or
    > > do you mean the actual "administrator" account
    > > e.g., Mydomainaccount which is a member of
    > > the following groups Administrator, Domain
    > > Admin,Domain Schema rights.
    > >
    > > Open the computer management/ local users
    > > and groups and verify at least one of the domain
    > > groups belong to the local administrator group on
    > > the W2k server.
    > >

    > > "Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...
    > > > My senario is:
    > > >
    > > > Domain Controller: windows 2003
    > > > Client: windows 2000 server
    > > > user account: Administrator, Domain Admin,Domain Schema rights.
    > > >
    > > > problem:
    > > >
    > > > - user cann't perform Send/Receive in Outlook2003. the following
    > > message
    > > > appears"
    > > > You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.
    > > >
    > > > - user cann't install any software. (the installation dosn't
    complete
    > > and
    > > > freez).
    > > >
    > > > there is no any security policy defined.
    > > >
    > > > i hope to get a result, why that user cann't do the previous
    issues.??

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    Mike, thanks for your reply
    the result of net accounts is the following:
    C:\>net accounts
    Force user logoff how long after time expires?: Never
    Minimum password age (days): 1
    Maximum password age (days): Unlimited
    Minimum password length: 7
    Length of password history maintained: None
    Lockout threshold: Never
    Lockout duration (minutes): 30
    Lockout observation window (minutes): 30
    Computer role: SERVER
    The command completed successfully.

    i choosed the local machine name and logged in as an administrator.
    and the same result
    i hope this info be usfull.
    thanks,

    "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:

    > Open a dos prompt and run net accounts then verify
    > the value of the computer role field. You are choosing
    > the local machine name not the domain name in the drop
    > down list for domains?
    >
    > "Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
    > > Dear Michael,
    > > Thanks for your reply..
    > > I logged as a domain administrator on user machine (windows
    > 2000server) and
    > > the same issues happen..

    > > and groups and verify at least one of the domain
    > > groups belong to the local administrator group on
    > > the W2k server.
    > >
    > > I did that step but the problem is still.
    > >
    > > i hope there is any other step i've to check it..
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >

    > > i p
    > >
    > > "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:
    > >
    > > > When you say "administrator" can we assume you
    > > > mean an account with these privileges applied or
    > > > do you mean the actual "administrator" account
    > > > e.g., Mydomainaccount which is a member of
    > > > the following groups Administrator, Domain
    > > > Admin,Domain Schema rights.
    > > >
    > > > Open the computer management/ local users
    > > > and groups and verify at least one of the domain
    > > > groups belong to the local administrator group on
    > > > the W2k server.

    > > > message

    > complete
    > > > and

    > issues.??

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    I asked about this issue:

    may i've to add the pre-windows 2000 server group in the domain controller
    machine that available in the Active Directory Users and Computers.

    i didn't but the same problem still..
    may i get some help about that please..

    Regards,
    Abdullrhman
    "Abdullrhman" wrote:

    > Mike, thanks for your reply
    > the result of net accounts is the following:
    > C:\>net accounts
    > Force user logoff how long after time expires?: Never
    > Minimum password age (days): 1
    > Maximum password age (days): Unlimited
    > Minimum password length: 7
    > Length of password history maintained: None
    > Lockout threshold: Never
    > Lockout duration (minutes): 30
    > Lockout observation window (minutes): 30
    > Computer role: SERVER
    > The command completed successfully.
    >
    > i choosed the local machine name and logged in as an administrator.
    > and the same result
    > i hope this info be usfull.
    > thanks,
    >

    > "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:
    >
    > > Open a dos prompt and run net accounts then verify
    > > the value of the computer role field. You are choosing
    > > the local machine name not the domain name in the drop
    > > down list for domains?
    > >
    > > "Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
    > > > Dear Michael,
    > > > Thanks for your reply..
    > > > I logged as a domain administrator on user machine (windows
    > > 2000server) and
    > > > the same issues happen..

    > > > and groups and verify at least one of the domain
    > > > groups belong to the local administrator group on
    > > > the W2k server.
    > > >
    > > > I did that step but the problem is still.
    > > >
    > > > i hope there is any other step i've to check it..
    > > >
    > > > Thanks,
    > > >

    > > > i p

    > > complete

    > > issues.??

  6. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    I hate to sound repetitive but you are using the
    "administrator" account not a domain account
    with local administrator rights e.g, the domain
    account is a member of the local administrators
    group? If so then you'll need to choose the
    domain in the drop down list and logon to the
    domain with that account.

    "Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
    > I asked about this issue:
    >
    > may i've to add the pre-windows 2000 server group in the domain
    controller
    > machine that available in the Active Directory Users and Computers.
    >
    > i didn't but the same problem still..
    > may i get some help about that please..
  7. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsnt.domain (More info?)

    Dear Mike,
    Thanks for your reply..
    and yes, the domain account is a member of the local administrators
    group, and I login to our domain even by the Enterprise administrator
    account I get the same issues.

    i'm really confused.. but i hope to get the solution or some other ideas plz..

    Regards,

    "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:

    > I hate to sound repetitive but you are using the
    > "administrator" account not a domain account
    > with local administrator rights e.g, the domain
    > account is a member of the local administrators
    > group? If so then you'll need to choose the
    > domain in the drop down list and logon to the
    > domain with that account.
    >
    > "Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
    > > I asked about this issue:
    > >
    > > may i've to add the pre-windows 2000 server group in the domain
    > controller
    > > machine that available in the Active Directory Users and Computers.
    > >
    > > i didn't but the same problem still..
    > > may i get some help about that please..

Domain Domain Controller Windows