you don't have appropriate permission to perform this oper..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
September 27, 2004 9:19:05 AM

My senario is:

Domain Controller: windows 2003
Client: windows 2000 server
user account: Administrator, Domain Admin,Domain Schema rights.

problem:

- user cann't perform Send/Receive in Outlook2003. the following message
appears"
You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.

- user cann't install any software. (the installation dosn't complete and
freez).

there is no any security policy defined.

i hope to get a result, why that user cann't do the previous issues.??

Regards,

More about : permission perform oper

Anonymous
September 28, 2004 1:39:18 PM

When you say "administrator" can we assume you
mean an account with these privileges applied or
do you mean the actual "administrator" account
e.g., Mydomainaccount which is a member of
the following groups Administrator, Domain
Admin,Domain Schema rights.

Open the computer management/ local users
and groups and verify at least one of the domain
groups belong to the local administrator group on
the W2k server.

"Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...
> My senario is:
>
> Domain Controller: windows 2003
> Client: windows 2000 server
> user account: Administrator, Domain Admin,Domain Schema rights.
>
> problem:
>
> - user cann't perform Send/Receive in Outlook2003. the following
message
> appears"
> You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.
>
> - user cann't install any software. (the installation dosn't complete
and
> freez).
>
> there is no any security policy defined.
>
> i hope to get a result, why that user cann't do the previous issues.??
Anonymous
September 28, 2004 1:39:19 PM

Dear Michael,
Thanks for your reply..
I logged as a domain administrator on user machine (windows 2000server) and
the same issues happen..

>>Open the computer management/ local users
and groups and verify at least one of the domain
groups belong to the local administrator group on
the W2k server.

I did that step but the problem is still.

i hope there is any other step i've to check it..

Thanks,

i p

"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:

> When you say "administrator" can we assume you
> mean an account with these privileges applied or
> do you mean the actual "administrator" account
> e.g., Mydomainaccount which is a member of
> the following groups Administrator, Domain
> Admin,Domain Schema rights.
>
> Open the computer management/ local users
> and groups and verify at least one of the domain
> groups belong to the local administrator group on
> the W2k server.
>

> "Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...
> > My senario is:
> >
> > Domain Controller: windows 2003
> > Client: windows 2000 server
> > user account: Administrator, Domain Admin,Domain Schema rights.
> >
> > problem:
> >
> > - user cann't perform Send/Receive in Outlook2003. the following
> message
> > appears"
> > You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.
> >
> > - user cann't install any software. (the installation dosn't complete
> and
> > freez).
> >
> > there is no any security policy defined.
> >
> > i hope to get a result, why that user cann't do the previous issues.??

September 28, 2004 3:23:45 PM

Open a dos prompt and run net accounts then verify
the value of the computer role field. You are choosing
the local machine name not the domain name in the drop
down list for domains?

"Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
> Dear Michael,
> Thanks for your reply..
> I logged as a domain administrator on user machine (windows
2000server) and
> the same issues happen..
>
> >>Open the computer management/ local users
> and groups and verify at least one of the domain
> groups belong to the local administrator group on
> the W2k server.
>
> I did that step but the problem is still.
>
> i hope there is any other step i've to check it..
>
> Thanks,
>

> i p
>
> "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:
>
> > When you say "administrator" can we assume you
> > mean an account with these privileges applied or
> > do you mean the actual "administrator" account
> > e.g., Mydomainaccount which is a member of
> > the following groups Administrator, Domain
> > Admin,Domain Schema rights.
> >
> > Open the computer management/ local users
> > and groups and verify at least one of the domain
> > groups belong to the local administrator group on
> > the W2k server.
> >

> > "Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:...
> > > My senario is:
> > >
> > > Domain Controller: windows 2003
> > > Client: windows 2000 server
> > > user account: Administrator, Domain Admin,Domain Schema rights.
> > >
> > > problem:
> > >
> > > - user cann't perform Send/Receive in Outlook2003. the following
> > message
> > > appears"
> > > You don't have appropriate permission to perform this operation.
> > >
> > > - user cann't install any software. (the installation dosn't
complete
> > and
> > > freez).
> > >
> > > there is no any security policy defined.
> > >
> > > i hope to get a result, why that user cann't do the previous
issues.??

Anonymous
September 29, 2004 3:09:02 AM

Mike, thanks for your reply
the result of net accounts is the following:
C:\>net accounts
Force user logoff how long after time expires?: Never
Minimum password age (days): 1
Maximum password age (days): Unlimited
Minimum password length: 7
Length of password history maintained: None
Lockout threshold: Never
Lockout duration (minutes): 30
Lockout observation window (minutes): 30
Computer role: SERVER
The command completed successfully.

i choosed the local machine name and logged in as an administrator.
and the same result
i hope this info be usfull.
thanks,

"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:

> Open a dos prompt and run net accounts then verify
> the value of the computer role field. You are choosing
> the local machine name not the domain name in the drop
> down list for domains?
>
> "Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
> > Dear Michael,
> > Thanks for your reply..
> > I logged as a domain administrator on user machine (windows
> 2000server) and
> > the same issues happen..

> > and groups and verify at least one of the domain
> > groups belong to the local administrator group on
> > the W2k server.
> >
> > I did that step but the problem is still.
> >
> > i hope there is any other step i've to check it..
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > i p
> >
> > "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:
> >
> > > When you say "administrator" can we assume you
> > > mean an account with these privileges applied or
> > > do you mean the actual "administrator" account
> > > e.g., Mydomainaccount which is a member of
> > > the following groups Administrator, Domain
> > > Admin,Domain Schema rights.
> > >
> > > Open the computer management/ local users
> > > and groups and verify at least one of the domain
> > > groups belong to the local administrator group on
> > > the W2k server.

> > > message

> complete
> > > and

> issues.??

Anonymous
October 2, 2004 10:59:03 AM

I asked about this issue:

may i've to add the pre-windows 2000 server group in the domain controller
machine that available in the Active Directory Users and Computers.

i didn't but the same problem still..
may i get some help about that please..

Regards,
Abdullrhman
"Abdullrhman" wrote:

> Mike, thanks for your reply
> the result of net accounts is the following:
> C:\>net accounts
> Force user logoff how long after time expires?: Never
> Minimum password age (days): 1
> Maximum password age (days): Unlimited
> Minimum password length: 7
> Length of password history maintained: None
> Lockout threshold: Never
> Lockout duration (minutes): 30
> Lockout observation window (minutes): 30
> Computer role: SERVER
> The command completed successfully.
>
> i choosed the local machine name and logged in as an administrator.
> and the same result
> i hope this info be usfull.
> thanks,
>

> "Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" wrote:
>
> > Open a dos prompt and run net accounts then verify
> > the value of the computer role field. You are choosing
> > the local machine name not the domain name in the drop
> > down list for domains?
> >
> > "Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
> > > Dear Michael,
> > > Thanks for your reply..
> > > I logged as a domain administrator on user machine (windows
> > 2000server) and
> > > the same issues happen..

> > > and groups and verify at least one of the domain
> > > groups belong to the local administrator group on
> > > the W2k server.
> > >
> > > I did that step but the problem is still.
> > >
> > > i hope there is any other step i've to check it..
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >

> > > i p

> > complete

> > issues.??

Anonymous
October 5, 2004 1:35:16 PM

I hate to sound repetitive but you are using the
"administrator" account not a domain account
with local administrator rights e.g, the domain
account is a member of the local administrators
group? If so then you'll need to choose the
domain in the drop down list and logon to the
domain with that account.

"Abdullrhman" <a_elfarram@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:
> I asked about this issue:
>
> may i've to add the pre-windows 2000 server group in the domain
controller
> machine that available in the Active Directory Users and Computers.
>
> i didn't but the same problem still..
> may i get some help about that please..
Anonymous
October 10, 2004 6:49:05 AM

Dear Mike,
Thanks for your reply..
and yes, the domain account is a member of the local administrators
group, and I login to our domain even by the Enterprise administrator
account I get the same issues.

i'm really confused.. but i hope to get the solution or some other ideas plz..

Regards,

!