spilled milk into my keyboard

Ijust spilled milk into my keyboard. You wouldn't believe the
variety of problems it can cause!

It wiped out my log-in user name. It closed two programs on me,
one of them my antivirus. It removed functions from my Internet
browser. It disabled my mouse (how, I don't know). Oh, it also
stopped typing characters. If I hadn't known for sure it was
spilled milk that was the problem, I would have been sure I'd been
hit by a virus.

Lucky for me, I've got a second keyboard, on which I'm typing
this. The other is drying out. I took it apart twice and brushed
and vacuumed it out, but it was still bugged up, so I'm going to
try letting it dry for a couple of days.

Al Smith wrote:
> Ijust spilled milk into my keyboard. You wouldn't believe the variety of
> problems it can cause!
>
> It wiped out my log-in user name. It closed two programs on me, one of
> them my antivirus. It removed functions from my Internet browser. It
> disabled my mouse (how, I don't know). Oh, it also stopped typing
> characters. If I hadn't known for sure it was spilled milk that was the
> problem, I would have been sure I'd been hit by a virus.
>
> Lucky for me, I've got a second keyboard, on which I'm typing this. The
> other is drying out. I took it apart twice and brushed and vacuumed it
> out, but it was still bugged up, so I'm going to try letting it dry for
> a couple of days.

That's why I like my Virtually Indestructible Keyboard: food/drink
proof, and totally washable.

CompUSA offers generic versions of the same thing now. The convenient
mini size is only twenty bucks. A bargain.

Al Smith wrote:
> Ijust spilled milk into my keyboard. You wouldn't believe the
> variety of problems it can cause!
>
> It wiped out my log-in user name. It closed two programs on me,
> one of them my antivirus. It removed functions from my Internet
> browser. It disabled my mouse (how, I don't know). Oh, it also
> stopped typing characters. If I hadn't known for sure it was
> spilled milk that was the problem, I would have been sure I'd been
> hit by a virus.
>
> Lucky for me, I've got a second keyboard, on which I'm typing
> this. The other is drying out. I took it apart twice and brushed
> and vacuumed it out, but it was still bugged up, so I'm going to
> try letting it dry for a couple of days.

head on over to alt.os.windows-xp -------> and ask some poofter fruitcake
that goes by synapse syndrome about pouring drinks into computer hardware.
he's an expert

BigJim

you got milk............
"Al Smith" <invalid@address.com> wrote in message
> Ijust spilled milk into my keyboard. You wouldn't believe the variety of
> problems it can cause!
>
> It wiped out my log-in user name. It closed two programs on me, one of
> them my antivirus. It removed functions from my Internet browser. It
> disabled my mouse (how, I don't know). Oh, it also stopped typing
> characters. If I hadn't known for sure it was spilled milk that was the
> problem, I would have been sure I'd been hit by a virus.
>
> Lucky for me, I've got a second keyboard, on which I'm typing this. The
> other is drying out. I took it apart twice and brushed and vacuumed it
> out, but it was still bugged up, so I'm going to try letting it dry for a
> couple of days.

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

Al Smith, <invalid@address.com>, the infirm, manic minnow, and debt
collector, published:

> Ijust spilled milk into my keyboard. You wouldn't believe the
> variety of problems it can cause!
>
> It wiped out my log-in user name. It closed two programs on me,
> one of them my antivirus. It removed functions from my Internet
> browser. It disabled my mouse (how, I don't know). Oh, it also
> stopped typing characters. If I hadn't known for sure it was
> spilled milk that was the problem, I would have been sure I'd been
> hit by a virus.
>
> Lucky for me, I've got a second keyboard, on which I'm typing
> this. The other is drying out. I took it apart twice and brushed
> and vacuumed it out, but it was still bugged up, so I'm going to
> try letting it dry for a couple of days.

Syphilis Syndrone, is that you?

"i HAVE JUST SPILT TEA ON MY KEYBOARD AND CAPS LOCK AND I CAN'T TURN OFF
CAPS LOCK. dOES ANYBODY REMEMBER WHERE THE OPTION TO TURN IT OFF BY PRESSING
SHIFT IS?? i'M SURE I'VE SEEN THIS OPTION AT SETUP. nEED THIS ANSWER IN A
HURRY, OR I'LL HAVE TO USE MY MINI KEYBOARD WHICH I CAN'T TYPE AS FAST ON.
CHEERS SS."

"I've just killed my router with Stella Artois."

Archived from groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.os.windows-xp (More info?)

With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:14:14 +0545,
someone mumbled:

>> Ijust spilled milk into my keyboard. You wouldn't believe the
>> variety of problems it can cause!

Don't cry over it.

>> Ijust spilled milk into my keyboard. You wouldn't believe the variety of problems it can cause!
>>
>> It wiped out my log-in user name. It closed two programs on me, one of them my antivirus. It removed functions from my Internet browser. It disabled my mouse (how, I don't know). Oh, it also stopped typing characters. If I hadn't known for sure it was spilled milk that was the problem, I would have been sure I'd been hit by a virus.
>>
>> Lucky for me, I've got a second keyboard, on which I'm typing this. The other is drying out. I took it apart twice and brushed and vacuumed it out, but it was still bugged up, so I'm going to try letting it dry for a couple of days.
>

> That's why I like my Virtually Indestructible Keyboard: food/drink proof, and totally washable.
>
> CompUSA offers generic versions of the same thing now. The convenient mini size is only twenty bucks. A bargain.

I was ready to head on over to Future Shop and buy something, but
after leaving the thing to dry all night, and plugging it in
today, it seems to work. I was hoping so. I'm used to this
keyboard, having had it for more than five years.

Thinking about the various problems, they must have been triggered
by speed keys setting themselves off when the keyboard was still
wet. I'd hit a key and it would automatically hit another dozen or
so at random. Interesting effect.

"uh Clem" <SANITARY_PEDESTAL_clause39@yahoo.com_CHEESE_LOG> wrote in message
> With foot jammed firmly in mouth on Fri, 29 Jul 2005 06:14:14 +0545,
> someone mumbled:
>

>>> Ijust spilled milk into my keyboard. You wouldn't believe the
>>> variety of problems it can cause!
>
> Don't cry over it.

ROTFLMAO !!!!

--
Videos of Nekkid Peeple
http://tinyurl.com/4vo8x

Phisherman

Put the keyboard in the dishwasher (upper rack) and run it through a
cycle without soap nor any dryer agent. Chances are good it will work
after it completely dries. I know this worked with Coke, so it should
with milk.