Sign in with
Your question

How can I completely erase my hard drive and reinstall windows 7?

Last response: in Windows 7
March 7, 2011 11:15:13 PM

Can anyone please help me figure out how I can delete everything off of my hard drive so I can reinstall windows 7? I can answer more questions if you need any infromation.

Specs:

AMD Phenom II x2 550
MSI 870A-G55
MSI Hawk ATI HD 5770
Antec TP-550 550w PSU
WD Cavier Black 750GB
Lite-On DVD Burner
a b $ Windows 7
March 8, 2011 2:02:36 AM

I'd get GParted, burn it to a disk and then boot to it.
Its a partition creating program.
From it you should be able to wipe the HD.
Then just install Windows as usual
a b $ Windows 7
March 8, 2011 2:30:48 AM

If you have the Windows 7 installation CD then there is no problem as you can format and delete partitions from it.. If you do not have the Windows 7 installation CD then you would have to use a third party utility such as Hiren’s CD. (I assume you have a back up copy of your installation)
Related resources
March 31, 2014 12:08:41 PM

Use DBAN or graphical ErAce. They will do over writing. then install Windows 7.
April 1, 2014 11:04:05 AM

1. Put your windows operating system media in your computer. (If it's a dvd, put it in the drive. If it's a flash drive, plug it in).

2. Turn on or reboot your computer and get into your BIOS. (When your computer is loading you will see something like "press F12 to enter boot menu" or something to that nature.)

3. Find your boot list and tell your computer to boot from whatever media you inserted. (The dvd or flash drive that contains windows)

4. Install windows to your hard drive.

If you need directions on how to make a bootable flash drive, here you go: http://www.tomshardware.com/faq/id-1846453/create-windo...
!