Account Operator unable to manage accounts

We are having problems with our Account Operators. They
are unable to open several users and most groups. They
just get "Access Denied". The users are regular users,
they don't have any type of operator or administrator
permissions. The groups are just groups that we've
created, not built-in groups.

I suspect someone may have changed some setting a long
time ago that affects Account Operators. I just can't
figure it out.

We are a few months away from the Active Directory
Upgrade. I don't want this problem to follow us when we
upgrade.

Please Help!!!

Wendy

Windows NT Error: Account Operators Get Access Denied Error Messages
with User Manager for Domains
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173752

"Wendy Gramer" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are having problems with our Account Operators. They
> are unable to open several users and most groups. They
> just get "Access Denied". The users are regular users,
> they don't have any type of operator or administrator
> permissions. The groups are just groups that we've
> created, not built-in groups.
>
> I suspect someone may have changed some setting a long
> time ago that affects Account Operators. I just can't
> figure it out.
>
> We are a few months away from the Active Directory
> Upgrade. I don't want this problem to follow us when we
> upgrade.
>
> Please Help!!!
>
> Wendy

If my last reply doesn't do the trick this might:

Members of Account Operators Group Cannot Manage All User Accounts
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;245174

"Michael Giorgio - MS MVP" <Michael.Giorgio@NoSpam.mayerson.com> wrote
in message news:uLUrPOypEHA.4008@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
> Windows NT Error: Account Operators Get Access Denied Error Messages
> with User Manager for Domains
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;173752

TRENDING THREADS