SATA Boot Drive

Last response: in Systems
a b B Homebuilt system
July 30, 2005 4:39:40 AM

I'm building a new system with the following:

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium MB
AMD Ath-64 3800+
1 Gig Corsair XMS DDR 3200 memory
BFG Geforce 6800GT PCI-E VCard
Maxtor 250 Gig SATA 7200rpm SATA drive w 16 Meg Cache

I have never used a SATA drive before as my only drive. So, what do I have
to do to install Win-XP home on
it and get the system to boot from it?

CM

More about : sata boot drive

Anonymous
a b B Homebuilt system
July 30, 2005 5:43:00 PM

"csm" <csmoles@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> I'm building a new system with the following:
>
> ASUS A8N-SLI Premium MB
> AMD Ath-64 3800+
> 1 Gig Corsair XMS DDR 3200 memory
> BFG Geforce 6800GT PCI-E VCard
> Maxtor 250 Gig SATA 7200rpm SATA drive w 16 Meg Cache
>
> I have never used a SATA drive before as my only drive. So, what do I
> have to do to install Win-XP home on
> it and get the system to boot from it?
>
> CM

Check around in your bios and insure that it is set to boot from the SATA
controller as long as it is your only drive. Should work fine.

Ed
!