Help with Maxtor Jumper Settting

jeff

Archived from groups: alive.computers.hardware.systems.sun,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt (More info?)

I have an older 4 GB Maxtor HD I want to use slave off of my master HD. I
cannot find the jumper settings to set it for slave anywhere and was hoping
someone here might be able to help. The model is Maxtor 8525006 and I am
trying to jumper it for a slave.

Thanks

"Jeff" <catfisherman62@123yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I have an older 4 GB Maxtor HD I want to use slave off of my master HD. I
> cannot find the jumper settings to set it for slave anywhere and was
hoping
> someone here might be able to help. The model is Maxtor 8525006 and I am
> trying to jumper it for a slave.

Jumper Settings Style A1

(Master)
The vertical jumper over the J50 pins is configuring the drive as a Master.

(Slave)
No jumper is required to configure the drive as a Slave.
The jumper over the J44 and J42 positions is in the jumper storage position.

(Cable Select)
The jumper over the J48 position is configuring the drive for Cable Select.

Hope this helps

I have a similar type HD, a Maxtor 90432D2, 4.32 GB,
The jumper settings for: only drive in a single drive system J50 (J),
Master in a dual drive system J50 (J), and Slave in a dual drive
system J50 (0). One mine the J50 is the set of pins closest to the IDE
connector.
Harry

"Jeff" <catfisherman62@123yahoo.com> wrote:

>I have an older 4 GB Maxtor HD I want to use slave off of my master HD. I
>cannot find the jumper settings to set it for slave anywhere and was hoping
>someone here might be able to help. The model is Maxtor 8525006 and I am
>trying to jumper it for a slave.
>
>Thanks

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

On Sat, 30 Jul 2005 21:50:12 GMT, "Jeff" <catfisherman62@123yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I have an older 4 GB Maxtor HD I want to use slave off of my master HD. I
>cannot find the jumper settings to set it for slave anywhere and was hoping
>someone here might be able to help. The model is Maxtor 8525006 and I am
>trying to jumper it for a slave.
>
>Thanks

http://service.maxtor.com/rightnow/images/maxtor_quantum%20jumpers.htm

Hope this helps.