  • Windows XP
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
July 31, 2005 4:18:26 AM

Hi,

Is there a windows xp-utility that displays the temperature of the cpu? And,
if possible, other measures like the fan rate etc.

I've got an ASRock P4VT8 motherboard, 3.4 Ghz, OS is windows xp sp2

I took a look at the website of manufacturer, but to no avail.

Thanks a lot

More about : measuring cpu temp

Anonymous
a b à CPUs
a b B Homebuilt system
July 31, 2005 4:18:27 AM

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:18:26 -0700 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
Sheep and then "Shiva" <shiva@gonzo.com> wrote :

>Hi,
>
>Is there a windows xp-utility that displays the temperature of the cpu? And,
>if possible, other measures like the fan rate etc.
>
>I've got an ASRock P4VT8 motherboard, 3.4 Ghz, OS is windows xp sp2
>
>I took a look at the website of manufacturer, but to no avail.
>
>Thanks a lot

Speedfan,
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Free :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,
a b à CPUs

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:18:26 -0700, "Shiva" <shiva@gonzo.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Is there a windows xp-utility that displays the temperature of the cpu? And,
>if possible, other measures like the fan rate etc.
>
>I've got an ASRock P4VT8 motherboard, 3.4 Ghz, OS is windows xp sp2
>
>I took a look at the website of manufacturer, but to no avail.
>
>Thanks a lot

Motherboard Monitor, also freeware.

http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
Related resources
July 31, 2005 5:54:06 PM

Thanks a lot, this utility seems to work and reports 4 temperatures: CPU,
chassis, HDD0 and HDD1. The CPU and chassis temperature is fine (resp. 42 C
and 34 C), but the temperature of the harddisks (HDD0 and HDD1 - I guess) is
higher than I expected, it's about 48 C and 58 C resp. Is this something to
worry about?

BTW, HDD0 is a Maxtor 6Y120L0, HDD1 is a Maxtor 6L080J4.

"Shep©" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 00:18:26 -0700 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
> Sheep and then "Shiva" <shiva@gonzo.com> wrote :
>
>>Hi,
>>
>>Is there a windows xp-utility that displays the temperature of the cpu?
>>And,
>>if possible, other measures like the fan rate etc.
>>
>>I've got an ASRock P4VT8 motherboard, 3.4 Ghz, OS is windows xp sp2
>>
>>I took a look at the website of manufacturer, but to no avail.
>>
>>Thanks a lot
>>

> Speedfan,
> http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php
>
> Free :)
>

> --
> Free Windows/PC help,
a b à CPUs
a b B Homebuilt system
July 31, 2005 8:04:52 PM

On Sun, 31 Jul 2005 13:54:06 +0200 As Androids Dreamed Of Electric
Sheep and then "Shiva" <shiva@gonzo.com> wrote :

>Thanks a lot, this utility seems to work and reports 4 temperatures: CPU,
>chassis, HDD0 and HDD1. The CPU and chassis temperature is fine (resp. 42 C
>and 34 C), but the temperature of the harddisks (HDD0 and HDD1 - I guess) is
>higher than I expected, it's about 48 C and 58 C resp. Is this something to
>worry about?
>
>BTW, HDD0 is a Maxtor 6Y120L0, HDD1 is a Maxtor 6L080J4.

check the hard drive maker's site/support and find out the safe
operating temps of the drive/s.I wouldn't worry as they don't seem
overly high :)

--
Free Windows/PC help,