NT4 Domain

billy

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2003

I am on a NT4 domain and when I open user manager, I get
to see all the domain accounts. How can I view only the
local account for that server? Thanks in advance.

Assuming that computer is a member server/workstation
not a DC you can open the local user manager by either
clicking on start / run / usrmgr //machinename or in user
manager for domains click on user / select domain then
insert the unc path of the machine you want to open e.g.,
\\machinename.

"billy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:
> I am on a NT4 domain and when I open user manager, I get
> to see all the domain accounts. How can I view only the
> local account for that server? Thanks in advance.

What if it is a DC? Can you still get local user
accounts off it? BTW the method you mentioned for the
member servers worked great, thanks.

A DC doesn't have a local SAM database like
member/workstations they use the domain SAM
for local logon.
Your welcome.