ATI 9600 XT 3D Performance

Hi,

I think Im in the wrong place ( What is the 3D card NG ? ) however,
Ive just built this for my dad:

Athlon 64 3000
Asus NForce 3 Mobo
512mb Ram
ATI 9600 XT Graphics

Im only getting a 3D Mark 2001 SE score of 9700 with this card. Tried
different versions of the drivers. Got no better. This seems a bit low. My
Ti4200 card on an old Athlon XP gives me 12000.

Not used ATI cards before. Any ideas/Comments ?

Cheers

JB
2 answers Last reply
More about 9600 performance

    If you installed the catalyst drivers with the catalyst control panel, the
    default settings for the card are in the middle of the quality/performance
    slider. If you slide it all the way to the left for more performance, your
    score should go up.

    "Bishman" <jonathan.bishop@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I think Im in the wrong place ( What is the 3D card NG ? ) however,
    > Ive just built this for my dad:
    >
    > Athlon 64 3000
    > Asus NForce 3 Mobo
    > 512mb Ram
    > ATI 9600 XT Graphics
    >
    > Im only getting a 3D Mark 2001 SE score of 9700 with this card. Tried
    > different versions of the drivers. Got no better. This seems a bit low. My
    > Ti4200 card on an old Athlon XP gives me 12000.
    >
    > Not used ATI cards before. Any ideas/Comments ?
    >
    > Cheers
    >
    > JB

    Thanks,

    I shall give this a go.

    JB

    "Tweek" <shawnwinget@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
    > If you installed the catalyst drivers with the catalyst control panel, the
    > default settings for the card are in the middle of the quality/performance
    > slider. If you slide it all the way to the left for more performance, your
    > score should go up.
    >

    > "Bishman" <jonathan.bishop@btinternet.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I think Im in the wrong place ( What is the 3D card NG ? ) however,
    >> Ive just built this for my dad:
    >>
    >> Athlon 64 3000
    >> Asus NForce 3 Mobo
    >> 512mb Ram
    >> ATI 9600 XT Graphics
    >>
    >> Im only getting a 3D Mark 2001 SE score of 9700 with this card. Tried
    >> different versions of the drivers. Got no better. This seems a bit low.
    >> My Ti4200 card on an old Athlon XP gives me 12000.
    >>
    >> Not used ATI cards before. Any ideas/Comments ?
    >>
    >> Cheers
    >>
    >> JB

Homebuilt Performance 3D ATI Systems